VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh I can't wait until Saturday night! My boyfriends Dad is Hindu and we're going to his grandmother's for dinner on Saturday night for some delicious all veggie food! I'm not sure if Diwiali is normally a vegetarian night of if its just his family that does it this way, but I love going somewhere for dinner and being told I can eat everything because its all veggie!

·
Registered
104 Posts
My husbands family is jewish and mine's hindu, so we're having a combined Diwali-Rosh Hashanah Hinjew dinner on saturday (yes, I know Rosh Hashanah is long past, but any excuse to eat lokshen pudding is good, and they are both festivals of light!). Happy Diwali!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Hinjew.

BTW, It's Chanukah that's the Festival of Lights. Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
I'd like to know more about what Diwali is and how you celebrate it. (Yeah, I could easily Wikipedia it. I'd kind of like some personal experiences.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's standard practice to eat vegetarian on Diwali.
My sister's husband grew up Hindu, so they made traditional vegetarian dishes to celebrate. She said they also cleaned the house, lit candles, ect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts