VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm addicted to cooking magazines, and in one of my latest, there was a pull-out advertisement card for Cook's Ham. It contained a pasta recipe that I took a perverse delight in veganizing.

Hamless Linguine

Prepare 1 pound linguine as directed. While pasta is boiling, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, add 1 chopped Tofurkey or other fake sausage link and saute till browned. Add 3 minced garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons capers, and 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) peas and saute for a minute.

While the skillet is still hot, drain the pasta and add to the sauteed mixture. Add zest and juice of two lemons, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 more tablespoons of olive oil. Saute for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat. Add some chopped fresh herbs (recipe recommends mint and basil; I used parsley cause it was all I had on hand) and serve immediately.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
There's a veg canadian bacon that goes really well in things if you brown it lightly... I think it's Yves. It's really smokey and nice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts