VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here still dress up for Halloween? Maybe you send your children out in costumed attire on October 31st!

Who (or what) are you going as? What was your favorite costume in the past?

·
Registered
103 Posts
My oldest girl,9 is going as a zombie bride. The twins..who are almost 4 he is OptimusPrime,and she a Butterfly. I tried to get them to be Bumblebee and a bumblebee..but they didnt appreciate moms humor

I usually slap on some cat ears and wear black or go as a hippie, but my friends say the latter is not really a costume

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Halloween is pretty big for me, every since I can remember. I even celebrate pretty much the entire week. Try to have some meaningful thing to go to each day leading to the "big day". This year I'm sort of stuck for a costume idea. I try to brainstorm , but then am found having to get back to studying.

I'll post a pic of the one to three costumes I'll be using this year.

Past successes have been: Gandalf, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Spottswoode, a cow.

For those wondering about Spottswoode, here is a quote.

"This isn't about sex, Gary, it's about trust!"

It was fun doing the marionette touches to that costume.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I was Dennis Rodman twice one when I was in my late teens and one while I was working at a grocery store. I had a pink boa and everything, I had so much laughs and giggles when I walked in, others were dressed up also their favorite person.
I have not dressed up since the Dennis Rodman costume that was 11 years ago LOL.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I don't have any Halloween plans this year. And it's a Monday night, so I'll have to work that day, and the following day. And it's not worth getting dressed up to welcome the trick or treaters, because I never get more than 2 or 3 all evening where I live.

--Fromper

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last year I didn't get a chance to dress up because I was driving back from D.C. (The Rally to Restore Sanity)

This year, I'm planning to go as Pris from Bladerunner:

I will be accompanied by Roy Batty.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I usually dress up as Catwoman.

Or sometimes I just wear a false mustache.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
If I was pretty enough, I would go as a vidya game character.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Last year I was a mermaid. Made the costume myself from scratch, so it was kinda cheesy. The year before, I was the big bad wolf. This year I have no idea.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
last year i was Amy Winehouse, the year before Starbuck from Battlestar Gallactica.

This year i will be Courtney Love

·
Registered
499 Posts
Several of you have gained several "awesome points". Obiwan, Pris, Starbuck? Love you guys!

I'm considering going as a hippie. I'm close enough already, just need some tie dye and killer pants.

I've always wanted to do Obiwan though.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I havent dressed up in many years.....but in the past I have been Clowns, princesses and Jason from the Friday the 13th Movies, Sports players....Football, Hockey, Baseball, and when I was in the 8th grade I was a Pumpkin....My Mom made me an awesome pumpkin costume and I won 1st prize in the costume contest.

Peace

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm sort of thinking that with a trip to a thrift store it wouldn't be too hard to do Kaylee from Firefly. Too bad most people I know wouldn't get it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

I'm sort of thinking that with a trip to a thrift store it wouldn't be too hard to do Kaylee from Firefly. Too bad most people I know wouldn't get it.
Yeah, most people don't get my Catwoman costume either. Which is baffling. But do it for you
Who knows, you could turn someone into a fan (not that it matters now, but hey).

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

If they're not getting it, you're trick-or-treating in the wrong neighborhood.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:

That's awesome! You should get extra candy for having such a great costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

last year i was Amy Winehouse, the year before Starbuck from Battlestar Gallactica.

This year i will be Courtney Love
I see a pattern there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post

My oldest girl,9 is going as a zombie bride.
A zombie child!! Nice!! Was that her choice or yours?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts