VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm a member of Good Intentions Group which involves (Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, etc.) at Ohio University Zanesville, and we're having a bake sale soon to raise money. I want the treats to be Autumn-related as well as vegan, however, it becomes difficult in a small town to introduce someone to what veganism actually is. Does anyone have any suggestions for a "not-so-in-your-face" type of way to educate potential buyers of what veganism actually is without possibly easing them away to not buying? Hope this makes sense.

If anyone has any unique Autumn-like cookie/treat recipes, please post!!!

Any feedback is appreciated!!!

Evan.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
It's late so I'm not going to search for recipes, but you could easily do a "Google" search...

I would suggest searching for Vegan Pumpkin Bread, Vegan Pumpkin cookies, Vegan Zuchinni bread, Vegan Pumpkin-Seed bars or cookies or similar...

I think you'll discover many nice recipes out there.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I adapted this from a chocolate cake recipe that a VBer gave to me.

1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour (can substitute with wholewheat flour)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup white or brown sugar

0.5 teaspoon salt (optional)

5 tablespoons canola oil (can substitute with any veg.oil or even olive oil)

1 tablespoon white vinegar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup cold water

1 cup of cooked/canned pumpkin

1 medium ripe banana, mashed

(1/2 cup coconut, 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice and a tablespoon

of sugar, mixed together.)

Directions:

1. Put your flour into mixing bowl, baking soda, vegan sugar and salt and mix well.

2. Make three deep holes in the dry mixture. Into one, pour the oil, into the next, pour the vinegar into the next, pour the vanilla.

3. Pour the water into the bowl, over all of this--- making a great big mess.

4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until there aren't any more lumps, add the pumpkin and banana, mix well and pour into a 9 inch by 9 inch square or round baking pan, two inches deep, it doesn't even have to be greased. I did use vegetable oil spray.

5. Bake at 350 for about 45 min. Sprinkle coconut/nut/sugar mixture on top and bake additional 10-15 minutes or until coconut is browned. Keep an eye on it so the coconut doesn't burn. It was delish!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

I adapted this from a chocolate cake recipe that a VBer gave to me.

1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour (can substitute with wholewheat flour)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup white or brown sugar

0.5 teaspoon salt (optional)

5 tablespoons canola oil (can substitute with any veg.oil or even olive oil)

1 tablespoon white vinegar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup cold water

1 cup of cooked/canned pumpkin

1 medium ripe banana, mashed

(1/2 cup coconut, 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice and a tablespoon

of sugar, mixed together.)

Directions:

1. Put your flour into mixing bowl, baking soda, vegan sugar and salt and mix well.

2. Make three deep holes in the dry mixture. Into one, pour the oil, into the next, pour the vinegar into the next, pour the vanilla.

3. Pour the water into the bowl, over all of this--- making a great big mess.

4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until there aren't any more lumps, add the pumpkin and banana, mix well and pour into a 9 inch by 9 inch square or round baking pan, two inches deep, it doesn't even have to be greased. I did use vegetable oil spray.

5. Bake at 350 for about 45 min. Sprinkle coconut/nut/sugar mixture on top and bake additional 10-15 minutes or until coconut is browned. Keep an eye on it so the coconut doesn't burn. It was delish!
oh.my.goodness that looks good

·
Registered
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottsMom View Post

oh.my.goodness that looks good
I second that... I'm making it, right now. I fact, I'm making twinkies out of it! Yes, yes I am. What kind of filling? Unless somebody comes up with one before they've been made and cooled, I think I'll do plain vanilla. Or maybe ginger? Cinnamon? I'll let you know how they turn out, either way.

Edit: They make really excellent twinkies. I recommend this. I used the Vegan Lunch Box recipe for twinkie icing but added nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cinnamon.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Vegan no-bakes. Fast, easy, and makes a pretty large batch. I have never

had one single person turn these down. Check the cookie section in the

recipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.