VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I recently became a vegetarian (eat dairy but nothing with rennet, no fish/eggs) after about 15yrs eating meat. Before that I was born and raised a vegetarian until I branched out my freshmen year of high school. So, I'm coming back to the lifestyle as I feel it's healthier and respectful of the little animals
There are some spiritual reasons as well (sant mat anyone?) But just wanted to say hi to everyone and look forward to good conversations and exchanging of new ideas, recipes, and whatever else!

-Forrest

p.s. I'm in the Durham NC area

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Welcome!

I was going to ask if you were lacto veg for Spiritual reasons or something else as soon as I read that you were.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome to Veggie Boards, Forrest! (awesome name, btw)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlily1983 View Post

Welcome to Veggie Boards, Forrest! (awesome name, btw)
Haha thanks Kimber
You can imagine all the 'run Forrest run' I got since Forrest Gump came out! I even went so far as to put 'Gump #1' on my license plate :p

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hello and welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRAVegetarian View Post

Hi there! I used to live in NC for a while as a teenager. Do I have a fellow Duke fan on the board???
Cool what part did you live in? Aaaaand I'm a Tarheel fan! But I work at Duke Hospital - does that count? lol

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckishfire View Post

Cool what part did you live in? Aaaaand I'm a Tarheel fan! But I work at Duke Hospital - does that count? lol
Ohhhh nooooo! :) I guess you do get some cool points for working at Duke Hospital. Ironic that you live in Durham and are a UNC fan and I lived in Charlotte and am a Duke fan.
I lived in Gastonia and Fort Mill, S.C. (basically suburbs of Charlotte).

·
Banned
841 Posts
Welcome! I live in Central Georgia, so I can understand where the South is not the easiest place to be veg, so this board has been awesome for helping me to keep my sanity so far.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia82 View Post

Welcome! I live in Central Georgia, so I can understand where the South is not the easiest place to be veg, so this board has been awesome for helping me to keep my sanity so far.
You're sane? Ha! You guys crack me up

Welcome to the forums, Heck
I'm sure it wont be detrimental to your sanity...

Edit: (Hijacking in progress)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quote:

Well, this board's taken me from purely insane to just delightful insane!
So long as we're in agreement that you mental stability is no where near where it should be

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckishfire View Post

Haha thanks Kimber
You can imagine all the 'run Forrest run' I got since Forrest Gump came out! I even went so far as to put 'Gump #1' on my license plate :p
Hahaha, sometimes it's best to just go along with it, isn't it?

Quote:

Takes one to know one!
I was thinking the same thing...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quote:

Takes one to know one!
I know you are, but what am I? A garbage man! I know you are, but what am I? Are we really degenerating into this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlily1983 View Post

I was thinking the same thing...
Ha! You of all people to comment on somebody else's mental status. Who do you think you are?

·
Banned
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back-Space View Post

I know you are, but what am I? A garbage man! I know you are, but what am I? Are we really degenerating into this?
Or rather, takes insane to know insane and appreciate insane!

Sorry we're hijacking your thread Heckish....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts