VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol so cute thanks everyone!!!! :) We will name her Elena :) It means "light from the sun" - since she is due in the early summer, its appropriate, lol!! And she is already the light of my life!!!! :)

rabid_child that is so sweet!!! But i'm sure there are babies out there who would need your generosity more than me!! Maybe make one in her honor and donate it to someone in your area :) :) :) You warmed my heart, thanks!! :)

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielove View Post

Lol so cute thanks everyone!!!! :) We will name her Elena :) It means "light from the sun" - since she is due in the early summer, its appropriate, lol!! And she is already the light of my life!!!! :)

rabid_child that is so sweet!!! But i'm sure there are babies out there who would need your generosity more than me!! Maybe make one in her honor and donate it to someone in your area :) :) :) You warmed my heart, thanks!! :)
Elena's a beautiful name, and she looks great in her pic!

I already did... I made two hats, one boy and one girl, for a co-worker's grandchildren who were born at 23w4d gestation. They're bitty! So I have a ton of pink/blue yarn left! lol.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

Elena's a beautiful name, and she looks great in her pic!

I already did... I made two hats, one boy and one girl, for a co-worker's grandchildren who were born at 23w4d gestation. They're bitty! So I have a ton of pink/blue yarn left! lol.
Thats so cute!! :)

I really should learn to knit!!! :)

·
seeker and optimist
186 Posts
oooh congrats veggielove! love the name you've chosen! I honor your decisiveness. My daughter was three days old when the midwife came back insisting that she had to write something down on the birth certificate!

I love names chosen with intentional meaning!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by echowarrior View Post

oooh congrats veggielove! love the name you've chosen! I honor your decisiveness. My daughter was three days old when the midwife came back insisting that she had to write something down on the birth certificate!

I love names chosen with intentional meaning!
Heh. See, having the names chosen ahead of time is cool, but I have this acquaintance who, with her hubby, decided to wait a few days after the baby was born to choose a name. They were basically sequestered, holed up at home for a week, and then after about 10 days or so (they planned it for a weekend), they had a "Welcome Party" for their daughter, and revealed the name. The idea was adapted from the a tradition in the husband's family, where the name of the baby wasn't revealed to the public until the time of the Christening.

They of course, talked about names that they liked/dislike before their children were born, but I liked the idea that they were able to spend some time with this new little creature and see her personality before choosing the name she'll carry. (Grace, btw)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.