VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-OK, I'm new around here, and I just want to get this out of my system (literally!).

-Alright, so I've been vegetarian for a while, ever since the beginning of Lent (which I used for an excuse, and for the spiritual euphoria).

-Anyway, to transition into vegetarianism I cut meat like cold turkey, (quite literally, hahah pun intended) and ate fish like once or twice the following weekend (I know, I know, it was just for the transition).

-OK, ever since then I have avoided meat completely... until just recently, I was persuaded to eat fish.

-Now I feel really sick, and I just want to get it out of my system physically, emotionally, and spiritually. HELP! I need support guys... what should I do to speed the evacuation of the decaying matter!? I feel like a sarcophagus...

-I feel so ashamed... To think I even salivated at first... I'm glad I felt guilty halfway through. I'm just fed up with this sickening sensation. I'm never eating fish again...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You've eaten it now, just forget about it. There's nothing (healthy) you can go to "speed up the evacuation of the decaying matter".

Don't feel guilty because what's done is done and feeling bad isn't productive for anything, just remember WHY you feel guilty next time you're in a similar situation, and the reasons why you choose to go vegetarian and how important they are to you

I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did the same thing as you, and used lent as an excuse to just do it. The only difference is that I went completely cold turkey and included fish even though my Christian friends said it was okay. I think the only thing you can do now is just let it pass, and promise yourself you will never do it again. You'll feel better next time you refuse fish.

Heres to being vegetarian for 1 month and 2 days!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
hey there,

hope you are feeling better soon.....try not to feel guilty and focus on the past....focus on the future....and congrats on your veggie-ness

peace, loVe and moodiness

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-I'm feeling better now, hahaha, aloe juice tends to calm my stomach pains.

-Hahah, it's nice to see someone else who did the same thing I did.

-I'm glad I had the chance to speak to others about my guilt, it feels less shameful. I just need to move on and save the animals.

-Thanks for the support guys, I'm feeling much better overall.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Hey, don't worry about it. Look to the future. I reverted to eating fish for a while after I first went vegetarian, but then I returned to vegetarianism (and now I'm vegan.) You can't erase the past, just move on and know you're going to do the right thing from today forward!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahah, and here I thought I was the only one. I had a silly preconception that lead me to think that if a veg*n ever caught another veg*n eating meat, that they would think it shameful... but it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who has experienced something similar to this and that the veg*n community can be so supportive. The responses make my dedication only more resolute; thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts