VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
i'm a student in the UK who is trying to become vegan. None of my close friends are vegan. I only know a handful of vegans/vegetarians and come from a very carnivores family. Having spent 21 years eating meat, dairy, eggs etc. I have come to the realisation that any critical thinker cannot justify the consumption of torture-laden industry.
I've read that cold-turkey is effective, yet difficult. As a student i am on a limited budget, although i know not eating meat is far cheaper (and better!)
What I intend to do is to transition by having vegan days. To start off once a week, then twice, then three times etc. until i feel confident enough.
I'm asking you lovely folks for some guidance on what meals are cheap and tasty. I'm not a bad cook, but nor am I adventurous so some advice on how to cook what would be greatly appreciated!
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated :) x

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Hmmm... for starters, what vegan foods do you think would appeal to you? Soups, stews, breads, Indian, Mexican, Italian, Chinese, breakfast foods... Maybe ideas for sandwiches?...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts