VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how far these stores are located but there are quite a few I know of in Northern California. The one in our town I ignored for ages until I finally went in. I was really really surprised at what I found. It can be hit and miss on what they have but I've found there:

Amy's products (vegan and vegetarian)
Vegan ice creams (they have had the Soy Decadence brand)
Soy and Co yogurt (50 cents) for the small containers.
Sabra Humus
Mexi Snacks
Paul Newman products
Soy, rice, Almond Milk (Blue Diamond 64oz almond milk $1.99 recently)
Cruelty free lotions, toothpaste (brand names)
Yves Veggie products (always mixed in with all the meat
)

More stuff I can't think of. I always check dates but I've eaten the soy yogurt past the date and it tasted fine. One of my best finds was Amy's cake. Bought 2. Should have bought 10. They were, I think $1.99. Maybe cheaper.

Really good deals there when I find vegan stuff.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I always find great deals on vegan food here too, but it really is hit or miss. Sometimes I fill up the whole cart, sometimes I leave empty. But they do have a small selection of produce.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynesh View Post

I always find great deals on vegan food here too, but it really is hit or miss. Sometimes I fill up the whole cart, sometimes I leave empty. But they do have a small selection of produce.
I'm glad another vegan has found this place. I agree it's hit or miss. Sometimes they have brands I've never tried, for example they had Pacific Almond Milk. I bought one, it was good so I got more. I usually go in, do a quick go around and then decide if I'll get a cart or not. But when you find good things, you can really stock up and save a lot.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Never heard of it but it sounds like a good place. Don't you just love discoveries like this? It's so exciting to walk into a new place and find out its stocked with veg*n friendly products.

·
Registered
143 Posts
None of the stores like that around here carry anything good
. Though when I lived in Asheville there was a great store owned by a girl at my church called "Amazing Savings" that was discounted natural and organic food! I looooved that place, I could get shelf stable hemp milk for .99!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked out their websites for location. Looks like they are in California (heavy in central and northern) Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada. And only 2 in Arizona. No other locations listed.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post

Just checked out their websites for location. Looks like they are in California (heavy in central and northern) Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada. And only 2 in Arizona. No other locations listed.
Hopefully they'll expand and spread out. Discount and bargain stores are becoming more and more popular while larger retailers are starting to go under.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes and these stores make a profit even selling things much discounted. Staff is friendly but they usually have limited checkouts open. And they give 25 cents for each reusable bag you bring. Most regular grocery stores it's 5 or 6 cents. But you have to spend $10.00 to get a bag discount. That's fine with me. I like using my own bags with a discount or not.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank you for reminding me! I have not been to Grocery Outlet here in Oregon for quite some time. It is usually hit and miss but most of the time they have some great deals and I usually leave with almost more than I can carry, since I take the bus. I am going through some hard times financially right now, so thanks again for reminding me of Grocery Outlet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts