VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
that article didn't say anyone had flushed their fish down the toilet, though.

i think that most parents would be responsible enough to talk to their kids about why flushing their fish, in the hopes that it would "free" them, would be a bad idea.

not to mention, sending fresh water fish out to live in the ocean is a death sentence in and of itself, even without the sewage treatment plant stuff.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kreeli

i think that most parents would be responsible enough to talk to their kids about why flushing their fish, in the hopes that it would "free" them, would be a bad idea.
Just as they will responsibly explain them why it's all just a movie and it's OK to eat Nemo after all....

·
Registered
878 Posts
grinding machines

but you always hear on tv o my baby pet crocadile was geting to big so i flushed him down the tolit now hes in the new york sewers !

wut about that ?

or is that just more tv bull**** ?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Quote:
The company goes on to says that in the unlikely event that Nemo survived the deadly machines, he would probably be killed by the chlorine disinfection.
Bahaha

I wondered how people would receive the message of the movie. From our perspective it probably seems like 'don't own fish', but likely more people received a 'ooh pretty I want' message without any further thought.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't know about other parents...but I was whispering to my son parts of the movie that I didn't think he was understanding. Like when nemo was in the sewers headed to the water treatment, I whispered to him that Nemo had to find a safe way out because the water treatment dept was full of chemicals that would make him real sick. After the movie we talked about how fishes never, ever want to be flushed down the potty because it would make them dead.

Shae's 4 years old and he has been begging for goldfish for a few months. After seeing the movie, he announced on his own that he'll leave the nemos in the water where they're happy.

sidenote: while watching the movie, a kid in the front yelled out "See MOM! fish AREN't food!" when the Shark said "fish are friends not food". heehee! Score!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shedonteatmeat

sidenote: while watching the movie, a kid in the front yelled out "See MOM! fish AREN't food!" when the Shark said "fish are friends not food". heehee! Score!
LOFL. Kids are so damn smart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts