VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live them, what's a good vegan sandwich besides pb&j I just bought two loaves of bread

·
Registered
67 Posts
some of my favs:

chickpea salad sandwich
- mash some chickpeas and add some vegan mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, celery, etc

hummus & veggies

banana & peanut butter on a whole wheat tortilla

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I use tofutti slices for grilled cheese and its good. Usually serve it with a tomato/eggplant soup.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Try sliced avocado instead of cheese. Makes a great grilled sandwich.
Hells yeah it does. I'm on the grill theme now. Bread is a total rarity for me but here are my old faithfuls:

I like to grill some bread & spoon on baked beans and a dollop of vegan soft cheese.
Black bean burgers & onions & mustard *drool*
& a sort of... empty one maybe but I love to make salad sandwiches (on toast)... just load it with lettuce, onion, olives, tomato, beetroot... if that doesn't seem filling enough a big spoon of cashew cheese/hummous/guacamole instead of beetroot is always a winner, specially if you get it on while the toast is hot.
Hummous, cucumber & fried zuchinni grills are totally awesome.
Spicy Tofu scramble & tomato grills are a winner here too.
& when I feel totally fatty I have pb&celery because I'm not keen on jam. But peanutbutter & homemade 'notella' under the grill for a minute....

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Spinach,red onion,avocado,lettuce,tomato,sprouts,vegan mayo.Add jalapeno slices if you're feeling frisky.

Mix dry Italian dressing mix into some vegan cream cheese and a smidge of vegan mayo;add as much chopped spinach as you like and spread on your slices of bread. Add sliced cucumber.

Sliced tomato,salt n pepper,vegan mayo.

Flashback from the sixties; Fry veg bologna in a skillet with a bit of oil of your choosing(drain well on paper toweling),veg mayo or mustard, lettuce and tomato. Serve with dill pickle slices.

Shred veg bologna, add veg mayo and sweet pickle relish. Makes a nice spread.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmm i dont like mayo i wont even try vengaise. i've never had hummus before but i guess i can try it

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I like to mash a drained can of chickpeas, and then prepare like you would prepare an egg salad sandwich, with mustard, paprika, etc. I would've eaten this as an omni over an egg salad sandwich anyday, because it's the good texture and tastes of an egg salad sandwich without the gross egg-y taste or slimy texture.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont like egg salad but i have never tried chick peas. will do tho

·
Registered
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegRunnerLady View Post

some of my favs:

chickpea salad sandwich
- mash some chickpeas and add some vegan mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, celery, etc
what does that taste like? I'm going to try it tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.