VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just joined this forum. I am from a lovely country, Malaysia. You can find lots of 'yummy' vegetarian food here
 

· Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
Welcome Al.

I love your country and spent my 20th wedding anniversary on Tioman Island. I could happily live in Malaysia.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, I do not know how to cook, I only know how to eat...): If you want to know names of good vegetarian restaurants in this country, I can give you some of the names and addresses.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone T View Post

Welcome Al.

I love your country and spent my 20th wedding anniversary on Tioman Island. I could happily live in Malaysia.
Wow, 20th anniversary..hmmm..maybe, I can ask you for some tips one day..):

Yes, Tioman Island is a lovely island with clear blue waters and sandy beaches. Did you have time to check out Kuala Lumpur and the variety of food?

Thank you for your compliment about my country...): I love my country and its variety of yummy food...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycakes View Post

Welcome! I am an American, but lived in Kuala Lumpur for about 3 years. Beautiful country, great food, very jealous!
And please share recipes!!
I know of an American who actually checked the world map to find out where my country was...You are one of the first who knows...oh, well, I do not know many Americans anyway...Thanks for your compliment. It is indeed a lovely country, a multiracial pot..

Recipes..hmmm...I do not know how to cook but I might be able to share recipes later...I just recalled that I do know how to make stir fried koay teow/mee hoon/ noodles, vegetarian style...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by al2011 View Post

I know of an American who actually checked the world map to find out where my country was...You are one of the first who knows...oh, well, I do not know many Americans anyway...Thanks for your compliment. It is indeed a lovely country, a multiracial pot..

Recipes..hmmm...I do not know how to cook but I might be able to share recipes later...I just recalled that I do know how to make stir fried koay teow/mee hoon/ noodles, vegetarian style...
Forgot, I have not visited US yet. I am hoping to visit it one day. Since you stayed in KL, I guess that you know about the various American food outlets here...US is so huge...sigh! Wish I could check it out one day!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Welcome! Although I never made it to Malaysia unfortunately, I was able to travel to China and Japan a couple times and found the Eastern world very vegetarian friendly. Meat is more of a "side" instead of the main course much of the time. Even though I wasn't a vegetarian yet I found myself eating little meat when I was there.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie54321 View Post

Welcome to veggieboards!

Malaysia is on my list of 'must go to' destinations - perhaps I'll pop to your house to say 'hello' when I finally get there :)
Selamat Datang(Welcome in Bahasa Malaysia!) -both for visiting my country and my house...)
:

Seriously, do contact me if you need any guidance. Maybe, we might be able to check out some places together...)
:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tissigirl View Post

Welcome! Although I never made it to Malaysia unfortunately, I was able to travel to China and Japan a couple times and found the Eastern world very vegetarian friendly. Meat is more of a "side" instead of the main course much of the time. Even though I wasn't a vegetarian yet I found myself eating little meat when I was there.
Thank you. I hope that you do get a chance to visit my lovely, even if I say so. Having visited other countries before including Japan(yes, this is a peaceful and lovely country with beautiful sceneries, truly enjoyed my stay in Tokyo, etc., never had to worry about walking back late at night), I would say that you should try to visit Malaysia!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by al2011 View Post

Selamat Datang(Welcome in Bahasa Malaysia!) -both for visiting my country and my house...)
:

Seriously, do contact me if you need any guidance. Maybe, we might be able to check out some places together...)
:
oooh, sounds good! What area would you recommend to stay in, and what must we see and do whilst in Malaysia?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Hi neighbour!! I'm from Singapore and i'm currently living in Australia! welcome to veggieboards! It's very easy being vegetarian in Singapore and Malaysia i reckon. There are many veggie food places everywhere. I have MANY relatives living in Malaysia, mainly in Johor Bahru and KL. It's nice to see someone from Malaysia here. Haven't "bumped" into any singaporeans yet sadly
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, my brother is currently working in Singapore. He studied there as well..):

What difference does it make? Singapore or Malaysia? We are longtime neighbours, we share so many similar things..):
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top