VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I´ve been semi-vegetarian(I eat chicken) for two years now. I came home from school one day(I´m 17 now) and announced to my mother, who was making lasagne, that I no longer eat red meat. She gave a sigh and said "Fine". My brother called me "bunny rabbit", "grasshopper", "weed-eater" and all kinds of names until he realised that I really didn´t care what he thought. He still occasionally says: "For every piece of meat you don´t eat, I´m going to eat three." but for most of the time my family´s good with my dietary choice.

I thought I´d done my homework well, until last spring when I was in and out of hospital because of anemia. Eheh... but that´s fixed now.

I´m planning on giving up chicken by the end of the year, and thought this could be a good resource for information and a place with like-minded people. Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Hi, welcome to VB! It's great that you want to go on to give up meat completely, so good luck!

Oh, and check out the teen forum, where us kids sometimes hang out (I'm 17 too).

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Hey, whilst your tree is a tree of its own merit, howabout have this avatar tree to use if you want, whilst I am not using, as a token of VA generosity.

I tend to be well curious about Scandinavian way of life though, but maybe thats a welcome thing for you.
I hope the penguins in Finland are doing well, or at least the ones I just invented
Just having a joke with you!

Warm Welcomes,

Cheers, VA.
LL

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see more people from the cold north! Be sure to check out the Scandinavian sub-forum - we've had a few Finnish people in there now and then.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to VB! Good luck with your transition to vegetarianism.

You should say right back to him, "And for every 3 more animals that you eat, I will choose not to eat 9."

He can't win that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts