VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am so happy to have found this board. i have been lurking for a few days, soaking in tons of info.

i am at the very dawn of my veganity. i'm only a week into it and i'm amazed by the weird emotional stuff that's going along with my decision to become vegan: i catch myself feeling alternately elated by this positive choice and ashamed that i didn't take the plunge sooner!

a little bit about me: i am a full time mama to an amazing little girl who is 17 months old. i am going to be a part time student this fall after several years out of school. i love to read, create and cook.

i have tons of questions so i'm gonna go jump into the rest of the boards!

edited to add: I meant to send a shout-out and thanks to Kreeli, who is a real inspiration to me, and who told me about this board!
(it's elphaba)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
" i catch myself feeling alternately elated by this positive choice and ashamed that i didn't take the plunge sooner!"

----------------

Greeetings
....... I imagine most here can relate to that. I think of things in my past where I've found isolated animal related issues to be disturbing to me (like news of abused dogs or cats or things people did like the janitor who killed this bat with a broom in my high school which really angered me to see) but for some reason I never heard much information to even make me contemplate how animals were treated in farming (I suppose lack of information was part of the reason as I had no TV and no internet then)

see ya around the boards

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Greetings miss gulch!..

}{ butterfly collage? }{

}{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{

Going by what I see as the 'property name' of your avatar, you are wearing butterly-shape sunglasses, yes/no??... At first I reckoned it to be a collage using a "baby's face" but looks more likely to be that of a womans face, upon closer inspection!
Am I right??

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Yay, Kreeli! A good referral.

Welcome. Have you visited www.vegfamily.com yet?

I wonder if Erin knows about this place, and sees me pimping her site. It really is great for parents like yourself, especially with such a young child, and being vegan. It might be another great resource for you!

See you around,

epski

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.