VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some comment from your end..
just tell me is green tea is a fashion or treatment for our health..

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Green tea is amazing and I drink it almost daily.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
There have been a lot of studies that suggest green tea has various health benefits. Drinking a cup or two a day probably wouldn't hurt anyone.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Neither.
Well, both to an extent, but green tea, at heart, is something more.

People have been drinking tea for millennia. Not for the anti-oxidants, and not for fashion. The culture of green tea holds a prominence in the Far East, especially China and Japan. The Chinese produce a variety of notable and distinguished greens, from Lungjing to Gunpowder to Bi Lou Chun, and Japan has an extremely complex ceremony surrounding the serving of matcha, powdered green tea, which people train for years to master. The appreciation of tea, especially green tea, has significant branches as close to "home" as Korea, and as far as Morocco.

Just because the West is greatly prone to black tea (notably a culture rooted in ancient trading routes) and is finally coming around to Green tea, is doesn't mean it's just a fashionable or health-related thing. Yes, green tea is good for your health, but if you're drinking it only for that sake, or just to seem hip, you're missing the real point of drinking it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm a tea snob. Personally, I prefer white tea to green. But if I drink green, I prefer matcha. Tea drinking is very ritualistic and traditional in some cultures, and I like to honor that.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Green tea is delicious. All tea is pretty good for you from what I understand. It has various B-vitamins in it, in itself has virtually no calories, and has a much more reasonable level of caffeine than other beverages.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I prefer white to green. but will drink either. i've been doing so for years. nothing to do with fashion...
i like the taste and it keeps my skin healthy. i can tell the difference when i don't drink it for a few days.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaisa View Post

. i can tell the difference when i don't drink it for a few days.
So can I.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Potential health benefits aside, I drink green and white tea because I love it. I drank it before it became trendy, because I'm cool like that.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've never been a huge fan of the taste, but I recently discovered a diet green tea ginger ale, polar brand, that is out of this world. Tastes like heaven. (If heaven had a taste?)

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
It's not good for my health. It makes me nauseous and makes my heart race. Plus I think it tastes awful. I prefer other teas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardy View Post

I want some comment from your end..
just tell me is green tea is a fashion or treatment for our health..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxton View Post

Hi,
Green tea definitely is a very healthy drink. They are long been drink by Chinese and are proved to improve a healthy living.Nothing to do with fashion.I like the taste and it keeps my skin healthy.I think this is one thing that made them lived longer.
Just curious...what's up with the screen names in your signatures?

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
If green tea isn't steeped just right it gives me stomach upset. I do love matcha in soymilk, and fruit smoothies!
Rooibos rules for me, you can let it steep, and it's caffeine free, and doesn't interfere with iron absorbtion.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I love green tea, especially with mint or lemon - but I love it for the taste. At the end of the day, most edible substances have things that are good for you - even chocolate! In my oppinion its much healthier to eat a varied balanced diet than worry about drinking a specific drink, or eating a specific berry, or getting enough of one nutrieint - or whatever.

I find generally warm drinks are very comforting
I love curling up with a cup of herbal or green tea/coffee/warm squash/hot chocolatge on the sofa, it's like a hug in a mug!

·
Banned
841 Posts
I like green tea a lot, especially this one I've tried with pomegranate, but I find myself drinking Yogi Tea much more.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchGirl View Post

I drink green or black tea, I really like tea.
Me too! Both green and black tea have similar levels of antioxidants, they just have different ones, so it's good to drink both. I normally drink black during the day and green in the evenings (less caffeine).

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Just curious...what's up with the screen names in your signatures?
Turns out there were a lot of spammers in this thread. I'm letting the post stay though, rather than delete the whole thread and discussion of green tea.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts