VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A work colleague came in today with a packet of Salt & Vinegar Walkers and offered me one, to which I declined saying, thanks, but as they have lactose and dried milk in them, I will abstain (he know's I'm vegan). He looked at the ingredients and said no they haven't! So I checked them and they haven't! This was a new packet design which I hadn't seen before http://www.walkers.co.uk/OurRange/In...=walkerscrisps

So I had one and it was lovely! Missed those bad boys. I called in to my local petrol station on the way home to find the ones they had were in the old packet so weren't vegan friendly (so I had some chilli doritos) Can you tell I'm a crisp fiend

Anyway, thought I would share the good news

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last week after making that post, I went on the Walkers website and through their contact them page, told them how delighted I was they had stopped adding dairy in their salt and vinegar crisps and had they any plans remove dairy from some other flavours. A very nice lady from Walkers rang me today to thank them for the feedback, but said they only got to find that type of information out when the packets are released and not before. She is going to post me a full list of their vegan crisps though, including all their corn based snacks as well. I shall post the info on here when I get it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Talk about timing, they've just emailed me it :)

Many thanks for your email and for taking the time to speak with me today.

I have attached a product information sheet for your diet, which we hope you find useful when choosing which products to enjoy.

I do hope that we have been of help and you continue to enjoy our products.

Regards
Pamela Crump
Customer Services

Product information for Vegans

No animal, animal derivatives, egg or milk & milk derivatives have intentionally been used as ingredients in the Walkers products listed below - Last reviewed October 2011 Our suppliers advise us that no animal, animal derivatives, egg or milk & milk derivatives have intentionally been used as ingredients in the snack dips below:

Crisps
Walkers BBQ Rib Flavour Crisps
Walkers Pickled Onion Flavour Crisps
Walkers Prawn Cocktail Flavour Crisps
Walkers Ready Salted Crisps
Walkers Salt & Vinegar Flavour Crisps
Walkers Steak & Onion Flavour Crisps
Walkers Worcester Sauce Flavour Crisps
Walkers Salt & Shake Crisps
Walkers Lights Simply Salted Crisps
Walkers Crinkles Simply Sea Salted Flavour Crisps
Walkers MAX Chargrilled Steak Flavour Crisps
Walkers MAX Paprika Flavour Crisps
Walkers Extra Crunchy Flame Grilled Steak Flavour Crisps
Walkers Extra Crunchy Simply Salted Flavour Crisps
Sensations Balsamic Vinegar & Caramelised Onion Flavour Crisps
Sensations Roasted Tomato & Aromatic Spices Flavour Crisps

Snacks

Baked Ready Salted
French Fries Ready Salted
French Fries Salt & Vinegar Flavour
Quavers Prawn Cocktail Flavour
Quavers Salt & Vinegar Flavour
Sensations Poppadom Bites Lime & Coriander Chutney Flavour
Squares Ready Salted Flavour
Squares Salt & Vinegar Flavou
Sunbites Lightly Sea Salted
SunBites Sun Ripened Sweet Chilli Flavour
Wotsits Flamin' Hot Flavour
Doritos BBQ Rib Flavour
Doritos Chilli Heatwave Flavour
Doritos Lightly Salted
Doritos Zesty Salsa
Smiths Chipsticks Ready Salted
Smiths Chipsticks Salt 'n' Vinegar Flavour

Dips
Doritos Hot Salsa Dip
Doritos Mild Salsa Dip
Doritos Fiery Red Pepper & Paprika Dip
Doritos Flamin BBQ Dip

Please Note:
This list is published using the best possible information that is available at the time of compilation.
Whilst we take every care, Walkers Snack Foods cannot accept liability for any errors that may inadvertently occur.
Recipes may change so always check ingredients on the pack.
Walkers Snack Foods Limited use the Food Standards Agency and Alert 4 Allergy SMS texting service for information in the event of an allergy issue. For free subscription, please visit www.food.gov.uk or www.alert4allergy.org

1 - 17 of 17 Posts