VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some housecleaning in here, re setup the scanner and it has started to work again. It is currently scanning. I can now move on to working towards the editing process. Made my day. Whoot...* cheers* . That no scanning thing was really holding me back.

DA is loading too slowly for me to post to my gallery. I may skip this step and use my portfolio directly. Edit jobs will be the next challenge as the computer with the graphic designs programs needs a new part and needs a place to put the monitor. Yes that is correct I don't have any software on this macmini to edit with. This is my internet computer.

I could edit manually, but then it would hardly be graphics design work anymore and hand edited pieces tend tobe too time consuming as well as the manual coloring jobs load extremely slowly due to the many storkes it picks up...Nice to get to the point of HAVING THIS PROBLEM!!!!>whooo...

Nice to announce good news instead of a doomy gloomy rant or such thing.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bad news DA is no longer working, therefore I cannot up post of the pre edits there.

Maybe this isn't so bad since I'm not sure I want my portfolio displayed with the old stuff/ hobby level stuff. On the other hand, I was going to use DA to weed out anything that wasn't good enough for my portfolio.

I have four places I can advertise IRL, however I'd like to wait until it's bringing in $ since it cost money to advertise my portfolio at these places.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Good luck! If you're really anti-DA I'd again recommend ConceptArt.org. A lot of professionals post there, even William Whittaker does on occasion
You'd get much better analysing and constructive criticism on there than you'll ever get on DA.

What is it exactly you're doing? I hope to go into illustration one day, right now I'm only finishing up my A-Level's, then it'll be a foundation course and hopefully that'll help me get onto a good illustration degree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts