VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanted to start this thread to see if anybody had any cool ideas of edible gifts for family and friends this Xmas. I've made my family jam - Strawberry & Rhubarb, Tangelo and Goji Berry and Strawberry and Mulberry (see recipes here).

I'm also thinking of making the classic (and very unoriginal) jar of biscuits. I also did cupcakes one year in little boxes.

Does anybody have and new and interesting ideas for edible gifts?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Biscotti? Peppermint bark?

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I'm making homemade cracker jacks, reindeer chow, banana bread instant oatmeal ( adding cute bowls and spoons I scored at the 99 Cent Store and carton of vanilla almond milk),buckeyes ,red velvet cupcakes,and jars of spiced tea mix. Everyone on the list is getting food this year.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Shortbread.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I'm making homemade cracker jacks, reindeer chow, banana bread instant oatmeal ( adding cute bowls and spoons I scored at the 99 Cent Store and carton of vanilla almond milk),buckeyes ,red velvet cupcakes,and jars of spiced tea mix. Everyone on the list is getting food this year.
What a lovely idea! I'm sure the reindeer need a nibble now and then, too, as they certainly work as hard as Santa does during the long night. I wasn't sure if Santa feeds them some of the cookies he gets or has to wait until he gets back to the North Pole to make sure they have their hay and carrots.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@jenm7 - what is peppermint bark?

@sallyomally - what are buckeyes? and what do you put in reindeer chow?

@Amy SF - I always made sure I put out a carrot for the reindeer when I put out my biscuits for santa

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh man, my mom makes buckeyes every year.
So good.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Oh man, my mom makes buckeyes every year.
So good.
Good and dangerously easy to eat. I always make myself sick eating waaaay too many of these little beauties.

The last batch I made by using dark chocolate peanut butter and throwing in about a cup of Rice Krispies. Heavenly.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Holy crap sallyomally, that's how my mother makes raindeer chow, too.

...are you my mother?

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Holy crap sallyomally, that's how my mother makes raindeer chow, too.

...are you my mother?
Haha! That's a Chex cereal recipe! They called it "puppy chow"! I made some this weekend!
I was happy to find Pioneer sugars don't use bone char- regular and powdered!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts