VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo what's your favorite granola recipe and what's your recipe? i've been working on a few but they haven't come out that great so i'm turning to you guys for help. thanks =)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Alton Brown from the food network has a good one, and I adapted this one from it. I love it and make it all the time, plus it's really easy to adapt to your tastes. For instance, you can use honey instead of maple syrup, use any kinds of nuts or add more, add more or less sugar, ect.<br><br><br><br>
2 cups oats<br><br>
1 cup peanuts<br><br>
1/2 cup oat bran<br><br><br><br>
1/2 cup maple syrup<br><br>
1/4 cup sucanat (any sugar is fine)<br><br>
1 tsp salt<br><br>
1-2 tsp vanilla<br><br><br><br>
Toast the dry ingredients in an oven anywhere from 300-350F for 15 minutes, occassionaly stirring. In the meantime, combine the rest of ingredients except for the vanilla in a saucepan over low to medium heat until the sugar dissolves.<br><br><br><br>
I usually put the vanilla in a large bowl and then add the liquid when it's done, then slowly add the dry ingredients and mix it all together. I use a 9x13 glass baking dish, but I suppose anything will do. Turn the oven down to 300 and bake for 15 to 20 mintues. Anything under 15 will be more chewy and hold together less as bars. Anything over 15 or 20 will be hard and hold very well in bars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts