VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here's one. Try this. Please note, measurements are metric.

I cup = 250 mls

1 tsp = 5 ml

1tbls = 4 tsp

Enjoy!

Millet and Vegetable Casserole

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 medium onion, finely chopped

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 stick celery, sliced

1 medium capsicum, cut in strips

2 carrots, thinly sliced

2 small zucchini, cut in half and sliced thinly

2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped

1 cup millet

2 cups boiling vegetable broth

2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced

1½ teaspoon curry powder

1½ teaspoon salt to taste

½ teaspoon black pepper

Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion, garlic, celery, capsicum, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes and ginger. Saute vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring often. Meanwhile, wash the millet thoroughly, changing water often and let drain for 10 minutes. In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the millet lightly, stirring constantly. To the vegetables, add millet, broth, curry, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes til liquid is absorbed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here's another. These are all I have. I'd love to try some more, so get posting people!

Lentil and Bulgar Pilaf

250 g lentils, washed

5½ cups vegetable stock

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 Bay leaf

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 cup Bulgar

¼ teaspoon cayenne

1½ teaspoon black pepper

2 cups onions, thinly sliced

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped

Soak lentils in stock for 1 hr in large casserole. Add garlic, bay leaf and cumin and bring to boil. Cook for 20-30 mins. til lentils are just tender. Add Bulgar, cayenne, salt and pepper, stir and cover pan. Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes til Bulgar has absorbed liquid and becomes tender. Meanwhile, saute onions in pan with oil over low heat til lightly brown. Serve with onions and parsley on top.

For extra flavour and colour add some vegetables such as corn and peas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.