VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This New Years eve around 12:35am I was hit head on by a car. I was doing around 30 mph, but I was not in a car, I was on a bicycle! I ended up in the hospital banged up and with a broken leg. Been a cyclist forever, it's my love and lifestyle.<br><br>
But the leg I broke was broken two years ago in a motorcycle wreck and it had a titanium tube in the bone from then that made this injury less dramatic than it would have been. But I hit so hard the tube bent and they had to operate to remove and replace it. Worse pain I ever had.<br><br>
Here in Cleveland we have Metro Hospital, and I was lucky enough the to have been given one of the best doctors in the country. He told me(two years ago) "The way you healed was absolutely amazing; we seldom see such results. You will be one of those people that will never know you broke your leg." The accident he was referring to he said was so severe that it was the equivalent to my leg being crushed. I bring this up as a tribute and testimony for a good balanced vegan diet providing people with what they need. So many omnie say I dont get enough calcium, not enough protein, my bones will be weak, and blah blah blah.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yay!! Congrats on your recovery and that is exciting to get your cast off and get things going back to normal!! **** all those people saying that you will not getting all the nutrients you need, you just proved them all wrong! =)<br><br>
)

·
Registered
0 Posts
you outta remind them that you dont eat animals. Just for a nice "I told you so" moment. Congrats. Im glad youre all healed up!

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
So is it good luck to tell a cyclist when he gets back on his bike to "Break a leg!"?<br><br>
Just kidding.<br><br>
Great testimonial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts