VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posting for curiosities sake.

I now have an official diagnosis from a doc of a metabolism disorder involving B vitamins. I'm going to be on daily injections and probably monthly injections lifelong. I was told supplements alone will never be enough for my condition. I will be also getting some special meds for my mouth sores and special high potency vitamins. Apparently some infections have been getting into those open sores I have on my mouth.

It's a good thing I took those mega doses of B vitamins without waiting for an official diagnosis, because I think I might have saved myself from some of the darker sides of what happens when you cannot absorb B vitamins.

I still get very sick from it, but I guess with the levels I was taking my body managed to still absorb some of it.

Next I also have a heart problem so I guess my next doc will be a cardologist sp?. Besides that I will possibly never be hiking again or doing any strenious activities, I'm not sure what the implications of my newly diagnosed heart problem is going to be.

My mom gave me a faint...Oh well I thought you were just seriously depressed. This is like when I went on BC pills the first time and I got the faint hearted so it's NOT all in your head thing.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm glad they now know what's wrong and know how to battle the problem.

I am sad that your mother is being so indifferent about your condition. Some people just don't know how to act toward certain situations.

Before I was diagnosed with my ulcers and Crohn's Disease I was always sick and missing school. My mother thought I was a hypochondriac, but I eventually [after a year or so] got her to take me in and get testing done. I went through tons of testing before they diagnosed me, but at least I got my diagnosis and we learned what's wrong with me and my mother couldn't accuse me of lying anymore.

I wish you the best in battling these conditions you have.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I really hope this works out for you. I watch those shows about people who have to go to many different doctors before they find one who knows what's going on. I hope you finally found the one who can help.

·
Registered
356 Posts
As you probably know by know, depression does occur when people have low B levels. I really hope you don't have to remain on the injections for life. The human body is capable of amazing things ... I hope you find some healing.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many docs?...You're not kidding.

I've totally given up on them before, threw up my hands and said I would just treat myself at home with TLC.

Would have been nice if they had done this when I was ten yrs old instead of the abusive situation I received. The first useful thing I got from a doc in my life was when I got BC pills to boost my immune system. I wouldn't have come to this conclusion being an asexual.

The rest has been either, abusive, prescription level pain killers, docs obcessed with reproduction who never looked at anything else or docs that just plain said I dunno what's wrong with you too bad...next person.

Do I really have to have an illness at ten yrs old and be thirty three when I get a diagnosis and treatment for it?.

About the depression/ Vitamin B issue...I have to question that. Yes it's personal opinion and not scientific facts.

There's only room for depression when you have the more mild symptoms.

When it gets worse, your higher mental processes shut down and your mind in general works more slowly as if you were brain damaged. (Yeah simple lay persons' terms here).

At worst you go into a drugged state. It feels exactly like you've been treated with anesthetics. You definatly won't be depressed (Or feel any other emotion for that matter) in this state.

You actually need to be functioning at a certain level mentally be depressed. Notice how people with dementia are always happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.