VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any thoughts on the new service from Google.

I think the circles features is something I won't be able to live without in a year's time.

Anyone got any invites, also. I'd love to give a go. If I get any, i'll post.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
What circles thing?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Official Google Blog: Introducing the Google+ project: Real-life sharing, rethought for the web.

It's essentially a new social network.

Google experimented with social networking a few years ago with Buzz but it was a hashed attempt, widely panned due to privacy scandals and Gmail integration. Like any new Google product, it's effectively in beta and will no doubt remain so for a year-or-so until they are happy with new features.

For the moment, I hope the best. I've been continually discouraged by shady Facebook business practices. I still love Twitter, it has a few essential drawbacks from being a great all-round social network.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I second the invite request, it's seems pretty ace! I'm intruiged....

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I'm interested in seeing how folks like it. I don't care much for Facebook but am a big fan of Google...

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I agree about the circles thing. I recently defriended a ton of folks on facebook because I just didn't like constantly hearing from folks I was always acquainted with and the folks I really care about getting lost in the shuffle...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got in! If anyone wants an invite - post your email to me. Private or public, it's up to you.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

I agree about the circles thing. I recently defriended a ton of folks on facebook because I just didn't like constantly hearing from folks I was always acquainted with and the folks I really care about getting lost in the shuffle...
Same here. I love it so far. It seems they aren't letting anyone invite people at the moment. If I can convert enough of my friends, or at least the "important" ones, I'll probably just ditch facebook. Google+ has a way nicer interface, is more intuitive, and I think I may just be in love with the circle idea.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

I tend to end up deleting a lot of people too >.<

1 - 20 of 226 Posts