VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there.

About a month ago i was traveling and we stopped to eat at this sort of Fake western restaurant. Any way i was flipping through the menu seeing if there was any decent eatings to be had. I ordered a veggie burger expecting some dry sort of lump. i took a bite and it was delicios! It had some kind of marinated mushrooms. mmm.

Any similar experences?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i have i have.
i have gone to outback steakhouse about 3 times with friends and the first time i was thinking i would just wind up drinking on an empty tummy. well i ordered a plain baked potato and a side of mushrooms and side of corn. mixed the mushrooms w/ the potato and had my self a yummy meal.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Montana's has a great veggie burger. So does Kelsey's. These are chain restaurants in Manitoba, I don't know where else they are. Boston Pizza actually notes in their menu which items are veg, although almost EVERYTHING there has cheese, so not a good choice for vegans.

·
Registered
19 Posts
when travelling, i always look for thai, indian, mexican and especially middle-eastern food (hummus, falafel, babou ganoush...). even italian pastas can be great with tomato sauce and some fried vegetables.

but it is also interesting to go into a restaurant that doesn't have any vegan stuff on the menu and ask if they can improvise a little. many chefs seem to find this an interesting challenge in an otherwise very routine-oriented day. and normally, if they have some garlic and some oil in the kitchen, they come up with something absolutely eatable:-]

if enough veggies ask non-veggie places to provide veggie meals, sooner or later they will put something on the menu...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well, actual veg*n restaurants are few and far between around here.

My favorite non-veggie restaurant is Ruby Tuesday. They have a great veggie burger that is vegan and the best salad bar. Yummy!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I usually just get a salad if there is nothing else. Either that or a baked potato. It's better than having an empty stomach, believe me.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I like TGI Friday's veggie burger with the nice green salad on the side. Panera Bread's veggie sandwhich is quite delicious although it comes with cucumber sauce and cheese so it isn't vegan. However Panera is quite adaptable and I have changed the structure of sandwhiches there many times and they haven't complained yet. And you can't beat Subway's veggie delight sandwhich.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Subway's Veggie Max sandwhich is pretty good too, but it's not vegan. My favorite veggie burger is Hard Rock Cafe's. It is vegan, spicy, and very good. But since there's no Hard Rock Cafe around here, I prefer Applebee's veggie burger and fries, though it contains dairy as well.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I had a hard rock cafe veggie burger a couple of years ago in Malta. i don't advise visiting malta. It's a nasty place, but the veggie burger was good, and so was being next to one of Slash's old guitars. It had a bit of a rough texture, but the taste was brilliant. It's not like any of the other veggie burgers I've had in my day.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Once at applebees I had no idea what to get, since they dont even have any SALADS without meat. but they had this veggie patch pizza thing and it was really good! not vegan though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
but the veggie burger was good, and so was being next to one of Slash's old guitars. It had a bit of a rough texture, but the taste was brilliant.
Does Slash know you're chomping on his guitars, hrmmmmmm?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I usually get the veggie patch pizza at Applebees as my meal - it is quite good. What is up with the salads at most restaurants - they all contain meat in some form. Even the "garden" salad has bacon bits. I forgot about Hard Rock's veggie burger (it has been so long since I last ate there) but it is divine.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Wejust went out to the local Italian restaurant for dinner, and I usually ask them for a spaghetti napolitana. (Which is simply spaghetti in tomato & basil sauce) It's not on the menu but they whip it up for me! And I was getting bore dof garlic bread (Garlic?? Bread?? What's with it??? Garlic bread???) for starters, as the selection of vegetarian starters isn't all that good. So i asked about the mushroom soup, and they do add a bit of meat stock for flavour. So they made a version for me w/o the meat stock!

And this restaurant will be getting reviewed in the Blackpool Gazette this saturday, so i'll have to see how it fares!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
At the Salty Dog Cafe I ordered the fajitas with veggies instead of meat and it was really good
They served it in a pan type thing with the toppings and tortillas on the side so I could make my own fajitas with whatever I wanted on it! They also had a gardenburger but I didn't feel like making sure they didn't grill it on the meat grill and repetitively explaining that I would not eat it grilled on the same grill. But it was a good restaurant!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickletatertot View Post

Well, actual veg*n restaurants are few and far between around here.

My favorite non-veggie restaurant is Ruby Tuesday. They have a great veggie burger that is vegan and the best salad bar. Yummy!
Reviving this thread from the dead...

Can anybody verify that the bun used at Ruby Tuesdays is vegan? How about the fries?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts