VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any please?

(I'm vegan, but I'm a very unhealthy vegan... I'm trying to remedy that.
)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I was going to suggest Becoming Vegan. It's very detailed and readable.
The authors wrote "Becoming Vegetarian" first in 1995 then they wrote "Becoming Vegan" in 2000 and I think when they re-released the first book as "The New Becoming Vegetarian" in 2003 they included the material and research from the vegan book because I did a quick compare of the two when I was searching and it seemed to have all the same material.

I think the New Becoming Vegetarian might be a better bet, though, since it's more recently published and would make more use of recent research and, as I mentioned, includes anything a vegan would need as well.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBravo View Post

The authors wrote "Becoming Vegetarian" first in 1995 then they wrote "Becoming Vegan" in 2000 and I think when they re-released the first book as "The New Becoming Vegetarian" in 2003 they included the material and research from the vegan book because I did a quick compare of the two when I was searching and it seemed to have all the same material.

I think the New Becoming Vegetarian might be a better bet, though, since it's more recently published and would make more use of recent research and, as I mentioned, includes anything a vegan would need as well.
Now you're making me want to buy the new one!
Maybe it will increase my Vegan Superpowers.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieMuffin74 View Post

The idiots guide to Vegan Living was actually really great
+1
That was surprisingly great! Very real without succumbing to over generalizations.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Plant Based Nutrition and Health, by Stephen Walsh, is a handy book to have around. It's published by The Vegan Society, in the UK.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have Vegan for Life -- and when I follow their plan I'm not hungry like I am when I follow my own plan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts