VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm currently making two smoothies most days. The first one is a green smoothie that I make in the morning with fruits and green veggies and some green powder. I add hemp protein to that one and it works very well.<br><br><br><br>
The second one is more of a "dessert" smoothie that I make at night with a banana, some frozen pineapple, raw chocolate powder, etc. I had been adding Met-RX whey protein powder to this but I'm moving away from animal products and notice some upset stomach from the whey.<br><br><br><br>
I'm looking to swap out the whey for something else but not sure what. Thinking maybe rice protein powder? I want to make sure to get as full of a spectrum of amino acids as possible. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
You could toss in some cooked quinoa. Might make of a bit of an odd texture but it'd give you a varied amino acid profile. Chances are that you're stressing too much about proteins, though.

·
Registered
441 Posts
anthony11 has a great idea. but you could always use quinoa flakes and then that would still give you the benefits withouth a potentially weirdo texture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts