VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my regular Subway today for a veggie patty. They only had one patty till tomorrow. The lady said that she didn't know what was going on but, more people were eating veggie and veggie patty sandwiches these days. I thought that was cool.

I believe in a collective unconscious (if you will). I wonder if there is a collective spiritual change going on that is drawing people into more compassionate living? As the world seems to be on the brink of a break down perhaps the indigo children are waking up? Here's hoping.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I like em! They taste like Yves Garden Burger to me. However, I dunno if it's just the subway near me..but $7 for a 6"??? It's a little on the too-rich-for-my-blood side, but good when I'm in a rush.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Zucchini View Post

I've never even seen a veggie patty at Subway. I wish they had them around here.
The Subway veggie patty is the best tasting one I have tried anywhere. It makes me throw rocks at the BK Veggie (Burger King). I usually get a veggie delite or a veggie patty a couple of days a week. There's a Subway a block away from the construction site I'm working on right now. I have become a regular. When I walk in they only ask: "Veggie or patty?" Those young ladies there make a great sandwich. Some Subways are better than others. There's one on the same street about two miles away. They try but, there's just don't taste as good. I think they use too much vinegar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

Now they just need to make them Vegan.

I really miss them.
I did not know that they weren't Vegan. What's in them that isn't vegan? Dairy?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I still won't eat there. Gross.

More veggie patties for you all, I guess.
My standards aren't that high. I was in the Air Force's rapid deployment force for 4 years. I lived off of some pretty disgusting food at times. They would ship us off to a foreign land with no thought or plan as to how we were supposed to live or eat. So, we ate what we could find wherever we landed. I'm surprised I only got food poison once. I really thought I was gonna die though. On the rare occasion they planned in advance and tossed us an MRE. Subway is pretty darn decent in my book.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

I've eaten some pretty crappy food in my life, too, but I don't think that's any reason I should continue eating crappy food when I have the option to have something better.

I've complained about the quality of Subway in other threads here, but in pretty much every Subway I've been in around here (and there are quite a few of them) the veggies are all wilted, sometimes brown around the edges. Plus, the staff at every one I've been to is slow and not very friendly. The last time I went was only because I had a gift card to use. The person on the register couldn't figure out how to do a split payment, and after 10 minutes called over his manager- who also had trouble with it.

There is a local chain of sandwich restaurants where I can get toppings like artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, guac, etc., and they'll sub tempeh for the meat in any of the sandwiches on their menu. Yes, the 6" sandwiches cost about $2 more than a 6" Subway sandwich. But a 6" Subway Veggie Delight leaves me hungry, where a 6" Planet Sub BBQ Tempeh or Tempeh Reuben is piled high and I don't even need chips with it to fill me up.

So yeah. Subway = gross.
I would like to have more options but, I haven't found them. The subway I go to during the work day seems to be better than most. Occasionally the tomatoes are not great and they have to pick through them to find some nice slices. Like I said, my standards aren't that high. I can drive across town and eat at Saffron or any number of places but, I don't regularly have the time or the cash to do that. So, I'm happy to eat at Subway with the proletariat.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Zucchini View Post

I've never even seen a veggie patty at Subway. I wish they had them around here.
me either....they have veggie delights here but not veggie patties.....I dont go there unless I have an awesome coupon and/or gift card....maybe once or twice a year.

Think, Live, and Breathe Peace

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:

I've eaten some pretty crappy food in my life, too, but I don't think that's any reason I should continue eating crappy food when I have the option to have something better.

I've complained about the quality of Subway in other threads here, but in pretty much every Subway I've been in around here (and there are quite a few of them) the veggies are all wilted, sometimes brown around the edges. Plus, the staff at every one I've been to is slow and not very friendly. The last time I went was only because I had a gift card to use. The person on the register couldn't figure out how to do a split payment, and after 10 minutes called over his manager- who also had trouble with it.

There is a local chain of sandwich restaurants where I can get toppings like artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, guac, etc., and they'll sub tempeh for the meat in any of the sandwiches on their menu. Yes, the 6" sandwiches cost about $2 more than a 6" Subway sandwich. But a 6" Subway Veggie Delight leaves me hungry, where a 6" Planet Sub BBQ Tempeh or Tempeh Reuben is piled high and I don't even need chips with it to fill me up.

So yeah. Subway = gross.
That place sounds amazing! I wish there were subway alternatives like that in my town.

As an omnivore, I loved subway, because I only got to go once a year or so(because of mercury and I wasnt supposed to have tuna anyway with my kidneys), and there was only one sub I liked, the tuna one. Now of course i don't eat tuna, so I tried their veggie delite once and I thought it was okay, but I wish they had veggie parties here. Better yet, is it so hard for them to have some chickpeas or something? Or some sort of egg sandwich filling? Any more interesting non-meat things would be great. I do like vegetables, but I get how the vegetables aren't good enough quality or variety for a $5 sandwich! I love chickpeas, I just want some chickpeas to add to some veggies, and maybe put some mayo or something on the chickpeas, and I think it could really improve the sandwich a lot.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not to wander too far off topic. I have seen evidence that suggest that more and more people are going vegetarian. I hope the low carb/meat heavy craze is over.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
My subway just got veggie patties! I don't know what kind, or if they're vegan or not.
Subways are not all alike! I'll only go to one by my house, or in a pinch on the road. Mine is always fresh, and they really load up and listen to requests.
I don't have any la-dee-dah! Planet Subs

I do notice more interest in in eating vegetarian.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well I hope that's the case, that more people are requesting them...that would be awesome!

Speaking from first-hand experience though, I worked last summer in Subway and we did carry the veggie patty and I only ever remember 2 people coming in to ask about them. When the 2nd lady came in I had to tell her that we were out, not because they were in that high of a demand but because our particular Subway didn't order them regularly. My manager said that she honestly just always forgot to add them to the order sheet because we so rarely sold one.

But again, I now live in a very small country town & hardly anyone here is Vegetarian much less a Vegan. I only know of 2 people besides myself and those are gf's of my teen-age daughter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts