VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently told my aunt i wasn't eating meat anymore because i thought it was cruel. She said whatever and then tried to feed me chowder with turkey in it.... I don't think so. Then yesterday she came over while i was in school and left me a fur coat. Not faux fur but real fur and leather. She said that awhile ago i said i liked it. No, i said that it looked warm. I don't want to eat dead things, so why would i want to wear them? So what do i do? Say thanks, but no thanks? I don't want to cause drama, but i am not going to wear it and i don't want it to go to waste. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
You have a few options.

If you want to send the message to your aunt that you're serious about your new beliefs and that you really won't be eating meat/wearing fur anymore, then you should give it back to her and tell her why.

If she refuses to take the gift back or if you don't want to talk to your aunt about this anymore, you can donate the fur. You could donate it to a thrift store or there are some animal charities that accept donated fur to use when nursing baby orphaned animals. If your aunt asks in the future what happened to her coat and why you never wear it, you can tell her then.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

You have a few options.

If you want to send the message to your aunt that you're serious about your new beliefs and that you really won't be eating meat/wearing fur anymore, then you should give it back to her and tell her why.

If she refuses to take the gift back or if you don't want to talk to your aunt about this anymore, you can donate the fur. You could donate it to a thrift store or there are some animal charities that accept donated fur to use when nursing baby orphaned animals. If your aunt asks in the future what happened to her coat and why you never wear it, you can tell her then.
this exactly....I was gonna say try to have a talk and return it and if you cant do that donate it.....Good Luck.

MUch PEace & MUch LOve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts