VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often have sneezing fits after I eat. I just stumbled upon this:

Quote:
When I was growing up, I had constant allergies. In the summer, many, many things in the outdoors would set me off. In the winter, dust and mold kept me reaching for the Kleenex. I was forever sneezing and blowing my nose. This culminated during a trip to Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands with my husband-to-be. We were at an outdoor restaurant and I was sneezing so hard I could barely eat my barbecued crab sandwich. Tears were streaming down my face, and the diners around me were starting to edge away. Finally, a kind gentlemen came over and told me what I should do about it. It sounded completely bizarre and I didn't believe him, but I also wanted to eat my lunch. So finally, I excused myself to the bathroom, tried what he suggested .... and it worked. Ever since then, it has been my secret weapon whenever allergies give me grief and I start a sneezing fit.

Read more: How to Stop an Allergic Sneezing Fit Without Medication | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2267627_stop...#ixzz1KedcXpRc
Anyone tried it? Does it work?

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Will give this a try when I feel one of my never ending sneezing fits coming on.

Anybody know of any herbal remedies for this condition?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I've always done the "Think of a Cow" technique.
When you feel a sneeze coming on, picture a cow/cow's face.
You won't sneeze.
Doesn't work with other animals...I've tried it. I think it has something to do with the large open wet nostrils of a cow.
But...this would only work for one or two sneezes.
Not for some poor person in danger of sneezing out their brains.

I'll try the water technique. It really seems like it should work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts