VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I remember that feeling...When I first gave up dairy products, giving up cheese was not easy! Especially cottage cheese. After two weeks of not eating it, I was pretty much over the cravings though. I felt 100% better, I could breathe better, my tummy wasn't constantly in knots and when I did sneak a piece of cheese after the "detox", it tasted like sh*t. Now I can't stand the smell of it either. I will never be a cheese eater again. EVER.

Always keep this in mind; by consuming dairy products, you are supporting the veal industry.

And, also, I'm sure you are aware of this, but cheese comes from a cow's breastmilk. Are you sure that another species breastmilk is meant for us to consume? These are important things to remember as you are reaching for the fridge. As a breastfeeding mom, I always would think of this. Would I want someone pumping my engorged boobs (after taking my newborn son away to be killed) and then making my milk into cheese to feed to someone else? NO!! NO!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! It brings tears to my eyes to think about it now. How horrible it is of us to rob those mommy cows of their babies to be turned into "food", rape them, pump their engorged breasts, etc. all because we have a desire to eat a block of saturated fat (meant to turn a little baby cow into a HUGE animal - not a small human into a blimp) that shouldn't even qualify as human food.

Whew! I hope I didn't offend anyone.

BE STRONG!!

Good luck. We all know you can conquer the cheese demon.

-Sal

1 - 1 of 1 Posts