VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I'm going to my friends house now, and i don't know exactly how her and her family are going to respond to my being veg. Her sister might not care, because she's a non-pork eater, but I don't know about the rest of her family. I usually really wouldn't care, but for whatever reason, under this topic, I'm slightly worried.
Any advice? I could really use it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Aww dont be nervous. Only tell them if you have too and remain polite even if they say something rude. Do you anticipate rudeness?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama884 View Post

Aww dont be nervous. Only tell them if you have too and remain polite even if they say something rude. Do you anticipate rudeness?
I don't really know with them. They might be they might not be. I suppose it just depends on their mood.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well dont be too anxious. I hope it turns out well!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Are you having a meal with them or just visiting? If you're having a meal with them it may have been helpful if you had informed them in advance that you're a vegetarian, especially if you're vegan. If you're lacto-ovo it may not be that necessary. Just eat side dishes. Although, sometimes people put meat products in the darndest things. For instance, chicken broth in mashed potatoes and ham in green beans.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, you see, I really didn't even see thins coming. I'm really and truely not sure of whats going on. I'll figure it out though I guess.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
if there is a meal i would ask my friend to tell her family that i am a vegetarian, but also to mention that i don't need special food and if there are some fries or salads etc. without meat i will be fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds reasonable. I think I'll try that. Thanks very much

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
be sure to report back here and let us know how it went!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts