VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm vegan for 2 years. The last maybe half year I have eaten raw all day except lunch, when I ate some slices of whole bread or cooked rice or roasted potatoes (in it's husk) with raw salads.

Now I have started to go exclusively raw about 2 weeks ago.

I don't know why, but I was getting so slow in my work and I can't make my exercises cause I feel weakness. I don't Know if is this a symptome of detoxication or is missing something in my diet.

Usually I'm eating 2-3 apples, 2 bananas for breakfast and sometimes a smoothie which contains: 2 apples, 2 bananas (this is 60%) and 40% spinach + half lemonjuice.

Half of this volume of smoothie I consume it at work for lunch + 2-3 apples, 3-4 bananas and 2 oranges.

For diner I'm eating half avocado mashed mixed with 1 tomato, 1/4 pepino (slicing cucumber), a few bud cluster of broccoli and 3-4 brussels sprouts, some green leaves like parsley or ruccola, lettuce, soaked wakame (dry alga), some lentil and/or lucerne germs (2-3 tablespoons). After eating this big bowl of salad, I eat 2-3 oranges.

I never calculate my meal's calories and truly I wouldn't like to spend my time calculating calories. I am 167cm tall and my weight is around 50 KG.

Please if anybody can help me in telling me what's wrong in my raw food, or can give me any advice I'm very glad of it. Thank you in anticipation!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep, I would say you need more calories. You get a lot of bang for your caloric buck with raw fresh veggies and fruit! I wouldn't say you have to count calories, but yeah, I'd say you definitely need to get more calories.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I personally tend to enrich each of my meals, but that's more because I have to fit my meals into a pretty crazy schedule. I would much prefer to have more meals a day, so if that's possible for you, I'd say go for that. Or try both, and see which ones works best for you - but when I can have days where I eat five or six smaller meals, I feel like I have more energy (and don't feel like I'm trying to eat more than I'm hungry for in three-four bigger meals.)

One way to add calories if you aren't hungry enough to actually eat more would be if you could get a vegetable juicer (some are rather expensive, but you can find some in a more reasonable price range if you look) and you'll get the calories and nutrients without having to try and force yourself to eat more. I really like doing that as a supplement to my smoothies and salads, and I can make some in the morning, put it in a thermos, and have it with me all day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I first started moving over to raw, one of my problems was that I didn't like a lot of vegetables! (Not without slathering them with some sort of seasoning/dressing, haha, which would defeat the point) So juicing was my way of getting all the nutrients I needed while "disguising" the veggies I didn't care for with a bit of fruit juiced with them. :p Now the vegetables have grown on me, but the juicing is still a part of my diet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use to add to my vegetables a kind of dressing (which contains for example lentilgerms (2 cups), a handful of welnut (soaked and ground), half lemon's juice, fresh basil, 1 clove of garlic - but is not necessary, and of course water (distilled) in the cantity you need for receiving a mayonnaise consistence. But is good just adding 1/2 mushed avocado, 1-2 tablespoons of germs (i often use lentils, lucerne), and soaked wakame (dry alga, this gives it a very good fish taste which I like very much
).

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
You live in Hungary? I have some Hungarian friends that worked at the camp I work at. Is it easy being veg in Hungary? What do your relatives/friends think? Good luck with raw!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes. Actually, for me isn't difficult. My family, friends and colleagues they all have accepted and they are respecting my vegan lifestyle. Going row it's a new point in my life. in their lives. So, some of them are a little bit worried about where will all these "rawings" turn out. But I'm always telling them that this is my experience, and I folow this style of life until it makes me feeling good.

One thing is sure for me: nothing is harmful just because I consume it raw. So I eat any vegetables, fruits, nuts, but in the raw. Nuts, seeds - I transform them in their living form before consuming by soaking in water, to start germination.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
What are your options in Hungary? I'd assume you don't have as much of a choice as in the US? I could be wrong. I'm not talking about packaged foods...just fresh foods!

Also on a side note, my name is Marty as well
I know a few Hungarian words but I can't spell them right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.