VeggieBoards banner

Going raw for 30 days

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  clarita osita 
#1 ·
I thought about going raw for next 30 days, although I will eat a block of tofu and a soy yogurt that I have in the fridge because they expire soon.
Otherwise, I'm trying to be raw but won't be too strict if it doesn't work out all the time. Also, I will drink herbal tea even if it is not raw.
Does anybody else want to join or become mostly (80%) raw? It would help all of us to keep motivating each other.

Please note that you shouldn't take this as a medical advice and consult your doctor first if you have questions about changing your diet. It should be used only as a source of motivation and inspiration, not to help with health issues.

#3 ·
Alright, dudes. I'm in. I'm still gonna eat some technically not raw ingedients like tamari, unpasteurized miso, and nutritional yeast. I may also have herbal teas. So far today, I've had a green smoothie, some guacamole and carrots, and some banana/papaya "ice-ceam" which is basically just some frozen bananas and frozen papaya mixed together in the food processor until creamy. Here are a couple raw recipe sites if you're interested.

http://goneraw.com/recipes

http://fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm

I'm hungry again, so I gotta go find some food. : )

#4 ·
Yesterday I ate my tofu and today is the first official day of being raw. I just went to the shop, bought fresh salad, lots of fruits and vegetables. Not very hungry today, ate only salad, maybe will see later some ideas for recipes.

#5 ·
I went to the store and bought several bunches of bananas and a couple bags of oranges and some greens and the cashier said, "Soccer games?" Confused, I said, "No." She said, "Usually when people come in here and buy a lot of fruit it's for soccer practice. I did not know that. You learn something new everyday.

#11 ·
80% is my goal too. I think I'm more along the lines of 50%, though some days could be near 100% without putting much effort into it.
Motivation and encouragement is always good, so I'd like to get in on this X^)

#12 ·
How is everyone doing so far? I have to admit I am not an "active" participant quite yet, just working that way kinda slowly.
Here is the tentative plan starting tomorrow and hopefully lasting. I am shooting for 60-80% RAW for now, hoping to increase overtime.

16 oz lemon water first thing in the am
Green smoothie (I may add a bit of my vegan protein powder to this, I plan to get sun-warrior RAW next time around)
Apples with a touch of cinnamon sprinkled on top
celery with nut or seed butter (made from home)
Salads
Misc recipes from my raw books

For cooked foods, i am shooting for more vegan than vegetarian (which is how I have been). using sprouted grain breads (no flour) and sprouted wraps (working my way towards lettuce wraps) beans..etc. And of course I am going to allow myself a bit of tea with a bit of coconut milk creamer.

Edit to add: the only cooked foods I plan to consume is in the evening when I cook for my husband

#13 ·
A little late but I'm in. I'm going for raw breakfasts, raw-to-mostly-raw lunches, and cooked dinners with a big salad, at least for now. Now that's it's finally consistently warm and fruit prices are dropping a little (not much, though - fruit is super expensive in Japan!
), it'll be a little easier. I'm going to go make a big salad to take for lunch tomorrow, as well as put greens and such in the blender so all I have to do is toss in the fruit in the morning - no excuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.