VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I listen to conservative Talk Radio sometimes to listen to what the other side has to say. And the other day I tuned in just in time to hear Glenn Beck presenting a story about Coca-Cola's decision to change the image on their cans in accordance with their campaign to benefit the World Wildlife Fund's advocacy for polar bears.

Now I agree with Glenn when he says that Coca-Cola doesn't care about polar bears. Here's where I disagree with him -- in my humble opinion, they are merely using their charitable giving as a marketing ploy to get more business. To make otherwise critical consumers feel better about supporting this giant corporation. Does Glenn admit this? Of course he doesn't. Obviously he's a huge supporter of capitalism. What upsets him about their latest campaign is the nature of the organization it's benefiting. He couldn't care less about polar bears and simply wants to drink his Coke.

Here's a video of the broadcast.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/11/01/...-go-green-fad/

What's so interesting about this video is what's NOT in it. His comments in the video aren't nice, but they're pretty tame. They ended the uploaded segment just before he goes on a graphic tirade to show just how much he doesn't care about polar bears. Something along the lines of killing one by chopping off the head and then drinking a can of Coke while its dead eyes are looking at him. Also pouring Coke all over the dead polar bear.

No wonder so many far-right-wingers hate the pro-animal and environmental groups. Glenn's fans hang on every word he says. Certainly there are some politically conservative people out there who care a great deal about animal rights and welfare, but they're in the minority on that side of the political spectrum. I imagine that if some major conservative commentators like Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh suddenly had an epiphany about the inherent dignity of ALL sentient life -- not just human life -- there would be a lot of Tea Partiers looking into groups like the World Wildlife Fund.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
huh....wow....stupidity for the tirade. what was that supposed to accomplish?

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
On his deathbed Glenn Beck will admit he was faking all this time and it was just some brillian Kaufman-esque joke taken to the extreme. Oh, how we'll laugh and laugh...

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Thankfully, even many conservatives are beginning to turn away from Beck. I believe his 15 minutes of fame is rapidly coming to an end.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

Thankfully, even many conservatives are beginning to turn away from Beck. I believe his 15 minutes of fame is rapidly coming to an end.
Few things would give me greater pleasure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glenn Beck is a cheap political hack that will say anything to get people talking about him. The sooner people stop listening to him (or talking about him) the better.
He is narcissism at its worst. Does not matter what he says or who he hurts as long as he is the center of attention and people are talking about him.
The irony is that in order for me to tell you that I have to feed his narcissism.
What a gig huh?
He is a little man with little ideas.
I personally would rather listen to fingernails on a chalk board than listen to his hate inspired useless rhetoric.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I try not to hate anyone, but Glenn Beck is one of my least favourite people. He intentionally promotes hate, ignorance, and intolerance. Ugh, he makes me sick.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillySunshine View Post

I try not to hate anyone, but Glenn Beck is one of my least favourite people. He intentionally promotes hate, ignorance, and intolerance. Ugh, he makes me sick.
And what's even more disturbing is that he seems to believe everything he says. If only a famous conservative thinker would come forward and speak out in favor of animal rights -- I seriously think that would get more conservatives to pay attention to us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts