VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many are vegan!
did you guys buy any?
I was avoiding the girl scouts like the plague, but finally caved haha.

I bought the peanut butter patties
so good!

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
I was going to say I don't believe any of the cookies are vegan, at least their FAQ gives that impression.

So I looked up the ingredients, and apart from the questionable sugar (as well as the HFCS and palm oil), it does look like a couple of them are, including the "ABC" Thin Mints, whatever that means.

Edit: Looked it up, ABC and LBB means the company that produces them.

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
I don't like them so I didn't buy any.

I need to send in a small donation to them though, in the name of that horrid girl in Colorado who is protesting transsexuals.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

I need to send in a small donation to them though, in the name of that horrid girl in Colorado who is protesting transsexuals.
Yeah, she makes Coloradoans look bad. Which sucks because I am one. Poor girl, so misinformed and the back lash against her hate messages must have gotten her booted from the girl scouts by now.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
I wonder if there is a way (short of calling up the local council and asking) to find out which bakery the cookies they're selling is from. I'm kinda confused on how that works. I think my cousins are still in Girl Scouts and I wouldn't be opposed to getting a box of Thin Mints so long as they're from the ABC bakery, also I just want to spite the "Honest Girl Scouts".
I haven't had a GS cookie for the better half of a decade.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
~

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Honestly, it's not that hard to avoid trans fats. Much easier than you think and so worth it.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I do my best to avoid it. Once I find out a product has hydrogenated oils, I don't buy it any more. Especially if it's something easily avoidable, like girl scout cookies. I hardly eat cookies, anyway.

(Whole Foods sells a brand of peanut butter sandwich cookies that are a lot like the girl scout ones, but no hydrogenated oils. If I want cookies, I buy a box of those. By the time I'm finished with the box, I'm done with cookies for awhile.)
Do you avoid all or just partially hydrogenated? For me, it's tough because I love junk food and with my schedule and commute, it makes it easier to pick up premade food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

Honestly, it's not that hard to avoid trans fats. Much easier than you think and so worth it.
Not with my habits and schedule
When I lived on my own, it was much easier.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

Epic kudos to you

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Aww, I got my answer. The Girl Scout Troops in Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kankakee, Lake, and Will county in Illinois and Jasper, Lake, Newton, and Porter county in Indiana contract with Little Brownie Bakers. No Thin Mints for me.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts