VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New <a href="http://www.theveganrd.com/2011/07/being-picky-about-vegan-nutrition.html" target="_blank">great article</a> discussing reactions to "why vegetarians return to meat eating" and concerns over the writing style in "Vegan For Life."<br><br>
My favorite part<br><br><div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Im proud to be picky about vegan nutrition. It doesnt sit well with everyone, but thats okay. Brushing off legitimate questions about vegan nutrition may make it look easier to go vegan, but in the long run, it compromises our credibility. And if it increases the chance that vegans will develop health problems and return to eating meat and cheesethen it fails vegans and it fails animals. All of us who advocate for animals have an obligation to help vegans stay healthy.</div>
</div>
<br>

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Crying wolf about the nutrient du jour can also harm our credibility.<br>
And relying on poor studies can also harm our credibility.<br><br>
I appreciate Messina's advice and I certainly agree with her that she as a dietitian should answer questions about diet honestly. However, her choice to make spurious claims about the numbers of ex-vegans and the reliability of Internet surveys in pop culture psych magazines does not help her credibility.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've never read anything online about her before, but I like her books, they are extremely well written and I haven't found anything better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts