VeggieBoards banner

Ginnifer Goodwin a vegan?

3K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  lucky_charm 
#1 ·
I am pretty sure I've read in a bunch of places that she's a vegan. The other day though, I was reading a magazine and there was a picture of her shopping and there was a carton of eggs in her shopping cart. Maybe she was shopping for someone else, but I was shocked. I mean, if she no longer is a vegan I guess that's fine with me, but she shouldn't say she is and then go buy eggs. What are your opinions of this?

#2 ·
I think celebrities should be banned from calling themselves vegan or vegetarian, as they seem to not be able to follow through with it (see "Natalie Portman"). The only exceptions I'd make are for Moby and Morrisey.

#3 ·
This is the first I've heard of her ever having been vegan. But if that's true, I agree with you.

I don't think celebrities flake out on veganism any more often than the average person, it's just so much more public when they do that it's really a shame.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

This is the first I've heard of her ever having been vegan. But if that's true, I agree with you.

I don't think celebrities flake out on veganism any more often than the average person, it's just so much more public when they do that it's really a shame.
You're right.

#11 ·
I kind of get the feeling that she had an eating disorder and part of her current therapy for it involves eating animals.
Lots of celebrities come and go in the vegan world but this one really bothers me. She seemed so determined before and now she seems so selfish snd mean. Makes me sad.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by eutoria26 View Post

I am pretty sure I've read in a bunch of places that she's a vegan. The other day though, I was reading a magazine and there was a picture of her shopping and there was a carton of eggs in her shopping cart. Maybe she was shopping for someone else, but I was shocked. I mean, if she no longer is a vegan I guess that's fine with me, but she shouldn't say she is and then go buy eggs. What are your opinions of this?
She was. But no more.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Isn't Alec Baldwin a vegan? And Ellen DeGeneres and her wife?
That's right, we still have Ellen and Portia. Somehow, I think they might actually stay vegan long term. They have each other to keep themselves motivated.

However, most of what I have read on the internet says Alec is vegetarian (he may have been vegan around 2005).

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

I kind of get the feeling that she had an eating disorder and part of her current therapy for it involves eating animals.
I was wondering this too, look at the difference from Mona lisa's smile to now. It's a tad scary.

Your right about therapy and eating animals, the treatment I was in in a major hospital did not cater for veggie diets for patients with ED's.

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Are there any vegan celebrities left? Really, I can't think of any.
There's Emily Deschanel. Her sister Zooey was one, too, but she went back to being an omnivore because she has some allergies (there's an old thread here about it, and it seems her beau may have been an influence). However I always got the feeling she was only vegan because of her big sister.

Joaquin, Alicia Silverstone, and if you consider musicians celebrities, there are tons of them right there.

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

There's Emily Deschanel. Her sister Zooey was one, too, but she went back to being an omnivore because she has some allergies (there's an old thread here about it, and it seems her beau may have been an influence). However I always got the feeling she was only vegan because of her big sister.

Joaquin, Alicia Silverstone, and if you consider musicians celebrities, there are tons of them right there.
Yeah, Paul McCartney is one really famous vegan.

#22 ·
This wikipedia list is helpful (they haven't taken Ginnifer off it yet but Natalie Portman was taken off shortly after she turned so it is still updated: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vegans

Looking at that list, pretty much all the former cases of veganism were actresses, and pretty big name actresses at that (Portman, Jolie, Tyler, Barrymore, Paltrow, Connelly) I wonder if there is something to that trend? Are actresses just more flaky, or more likely to try and then ditch the new 'trends'?

#24 ·
If you stop being vegan, you can either go "I couldn't stick with it", or you can really be a prick about it and talk about how hilarious veganism is and how hilarious it is you gave it up. It seems she prefers the latter. I guess she wanted to make sure that no one else should try it either since she failed at it.

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

If you stop being vegan, you can either go "I couldn't stick with it", or you can really be a prick about it and talk about how hilarious veganism is and how hilarious it is you gave it up. It seems she prefers the latter. I guess she wanted to make sure that no one else should try it either since she failed at it.
Yeah her attitude is really unfortunate. I get the feeling that deep down she is embarrassed about it and is covering by making it all into a huge joke.

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

Yeah her attitude is really unfortunate. I get the feeling that deep down she is embarrassed about it and is covering by making it all into a huge joke.
It's obvious by her body language and how she's talking that she's very embarrassed and perhaps even a bit ashamed. We don't know the whole story; I have a feeling there's more to the "boring medical issues" she's just not talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.