VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure I've read in a bunch of places that she's a vegan. The other day though, I was reading a magazine and there was a picture of her shopping and there was a carton of eggs in her shopping cart. Maybe she was shopping for someone else, but I was shocked. I mean, if she no longer is a vegan I guess that's fine with me, but she shouldn't say she is and then go buy eggs. What are your opinions of this?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I think celebrities should be banned from calling themselves vegan or vegetarian, as they seem to not be able to follow through with it (see "Natalie Portman"). The only exceptions I'd make are for Moby and Morrisey.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
This is the first I've heard of her ever having been vegan. But if that's true, I agree with you.

I don't think celebrities flake out on veganism any more often than the average person, it's just so much more public when they do that it's really a shame.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

This is the first I've heard of her ever having been vegan. But if that's true, I agree with you.

I don't think celebrities flake out on veganism any more often than the average person, it's just so much more public when they do that it's really a shame.
You're right.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I kind of get the feeling that she had an eating disorder and part of her current therapy for it involves eating animals.
Lots of celebrities come and go in the vegan world but this one really bothers me. She seemed so determined before and now she seems so selfish snd mean. Makes me sad.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I wanted to see her new movie (Something Borrowed -- because I love the book, not because of her.) I'm not going to go now, it would just irritate me looking at her for two hours.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eutoria26 View Post

I am pretty sure I've read in a bunch of places that she's a vegan. The other day though, I was reading a magazine and there was a picture of her shopping and there was a carton of eggs in her shopping cart. Maybe she was shopping for someone else, but I was shocked. I mean, if she no longer is a vegan I guess that's fine with me, but she shouldn't say she is and then go buy eggs. What are your opinions of this?
She was. But no more.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Isn't Alec Baldwin a vegan? And Ellen DeGeneres and her wife?
That's right, we still have Ellen and Portia. Somehow, I think they might actually stay vegan long term. They have each other to keep themselves motivated.

However, most of what I have read on the internet says Alec is vegetarian (he may have been vegan around 2005).

·
Registered
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

I kind of get the feeling that she had an eating disorder and part of her current therapy for it involves eating animals.
I was wondering this too, look at the difference from Mona lisa's smile to now. It's a tad scary.

Your right about therapy and eating animals, the treatment I was in in a major hospital did not cater for veggie diets for patients with ED's.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Are there any vegan celebrities left? Really, I can't think of any.
There's Emily Deschanel. Her sister Zooey was one, too, but she went back to being an omnivore because she has some allergies (there's an old thread here about it, and it seems her beau may have been an influence). However I always got the feeling she was only vegan because of her big sister.

Joaquin, Alicia Silverstone, and if you consider musicians celebrities, there are tons of them right there.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

There's Emily Deschanel. Her sister Zooey was one, too, but she went back to being an omnivore because she has some allergies (there's an old thread here about it, and it seems her beau may have been an influence). However I always got the feeling she was only vegan because of her big sister.

Joaquin, Alicia Silverstone, and if you consider musicians celebrities, there are tons of them right there.
Yeah, Paul McCartney is one really famous vegan.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts