VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched Ghostbusters again on the Hallmark channel. It was edited for TV and had commercial breaks, but hey, still fun to watch.

1. Is this Bill Murray's best movie performance? Or is Groundhog Day better?

2. Is there anything sexier than a levitating Sigourney Weaver?

4. If you were a kid when you first saw Ghostbusters, did you beg your parents to buy you Ghostbusters merchandise? My nephew was born in 1984, the year Ghostbusters came out, but he discovered the movie on video and became obsessed to the point of collecting Ghostbusters stuff. My sister was quite relieved when the obsession passed, but she tolerated it because he was also obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid.

5. If you were a kid when you first saw Ghostbusters, tell the truth, did Zuul scare the crap outta you?

6. It being the 1980's when Ghostbusters became a big hit, do you have the feeling that after the movie came out, half the women in Manhattan went to the clubs looking like Gozer? Is a flattop on a woman sexy?

7. Best line in the movie: "Ray, when someone asks if you're a god, you say yes!"

8. Would you let Rick Moranis do your taxes before he became The Keymaster?

9. Would you let Rick Moranis do your taxes AFTER he became The Keymaster?

10. When watching the movie, did you ever get the urge to tell Annie Potts to ditch those ridiculously large glasses already?

11. Bonus question: Assuming the Stay Puft Marshmallow man was vegan, can you imagine the size of the s'more you could make with him?

12. Another bonus question: Did anyone who fell in love with the first movie bother to watch the sequel? I haven't. Is it worth seeing?

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I haven't actually seen Ghostbusters. ::hangs head in shame::

I'm only posting here because I know you get mad when nobody participates in your threads!

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Ghostbusters is nothing less than EPIC. Every time I watch it, it's a pure nostalgia fest. Grew up with all the toys, the cartoon series, the movies.

Is part two worth watching? Ehhhh, I think so. I have probably seen it only a total of five times in my life. I've seen the first one probably over a hundred times, and the cartoon series, multiple times per episode. The boogeyman episodes were the best and actually scared the **** out of me.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I just watched Ghostbusters again on the Hallmark channel. It was edited for TV and had commercial breaks, but hey, still fun to watch.

This one is better.....I LOATHE the movie Ground Hog Day.....too awful for words.

yes.....

4. If you were a kid when you first saw Ghostbusters, did you beg your parents to buy you Ghostbusters merchandise? My nephew was born in 1984, the year Ghostbusters came out, but he discovered the movie on video and became obsessed to the point of collecting Ghostbusters stuff. My sister was quite relieved when the obsession passed, but she tolerated it because he was also obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid.

yesss....my baby bro & I had tons....T-shirts, action figures, a pro-ton back pac, posters, ectplasm...and on and on......and we ate many boxxes of the ghostbuster cereal.....video game, lipbalm,

5. If you were a kid when you first saw Ghostbusters, tell the truth, did Zuul scare the crap outta you?

I was ten soooo....no not at all....

6. It being the 1980's when Ghostbusters became a big hit, do you have the feeling that after the movie came out, half the women in Manhattan went to the clubs looking like Gozer? Is a flattop on a woman sexy?

sure.....whatever you a comfortable and hippie in makes you sexy.

7. Best line in the movie: "Ray, when someone asks if you're a god, you say yes!"

No....hes annoying

no hes annoying,....

10. When watching the movie, did you ever get the urge to tell Annie Potts to ditch those ridiculously large glasses already?

no way....she is my fave part of the movie and loved the glasses.

11. Bonus question: Assuming the Stay Puft Marshmallow man was vegan, can you imagine the size of the s'more you could make with him?

Yummy.....always have dreamed of eating a part of him

12. Another bonus question: Did anyone who fell in love with the first movie bother to watch the sequel? I haven't. Is it worth seeing?
Yess I have seen the sequel....I bought the movies first on VHS and then DVD for my Sweetie and have seen them many times.......I liked the second one and am looking forward to the new one if they ever make it and Bill Murray makes a decision about doing it or not.

Peace

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
1. Is this Bill Murray's best movie performance? Or is Groundhog Day better? Not a Bill Murray fan, but I think that his performance in Ghostbusters is better.

2. Is there anything sexier than a levitating Sigourney Weaver? Yes, an alien ass-kicking Sigourney Weaver
Or a battling for gorillas Sigourney Weaver.

4. If you were a kid when you first saw Ghostbusters, did you beg your parents to buy you Ghostbusters merchandise? My nephew was born in 1984, the year Ghostbusters came out, but he discovered the movie on video and became obsessed to the point of collecting Ghostbusters stuff. My sister was quite relieved when the obsession passed, but she tolerated it because he was also obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid. Honestly, Ghostbusters scared me as a kid. But I remember kids at school having Ghostbusters Slimer juice boxes. And I think I had a Slimer pencil.

5. If you were a kid when you first saw Ghostbusters, tell the truth, did Zuul scare the crap outta you? Oh yes

6. It being the 1980's when Ghostbusters became a big hit, do you have the feeling that after the movie came out, half the women in Manhattan went to the clubs looking like Gozer? Is a flattop on a woman sexy? Probably

8. Would you let Rick Moranis do your taxes before he became The Keymaster? I wouldn't let Rick Moranis within a 100 ft radius of me.

9. Would you let Rick Moranis do your taxes AFTER he became The Keymaster? Hmmm...still no.

10. When watching the movie, did you ever get the urge to tell Annie Potts to ditch those ridiculously large glasses already? I do the same thing when watching Jane Fonda in "9 to 5"

11. Bonus question: Assuming the Stay Puft Marshmallow man was vegan, can you imagine the size of the s'more you could make with him? Ohhhh...heaven. But so sticky!!!

12. Another bonus question: Did anyone who fell in love with the first movie bother to watch the sequel? I haven't. Is it worth seeing?Yes! I love both of them. I'm not so sure about the one they're making now, but the sequel is good.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I want some Annie Potts glasses!

The sequel is pretty awful. It still has some of the charm, so it's worth watching but it doesn't come close to the first.

·
Registered
632 Posts
wheee! *rubs hands together* one of my all-time favorites!

yes, one of his best! with Stripes and Caddyshack, 2nd and 3rd respectively. oh wait, and Rushmore! i
Bill!

yes!
when Venkman/Bill sees Dana/Sigourney for the first time and takes this running leap through his office area and then over the rail.

i got the soundtrack, a black tank top with the logo
, the vhs tape and more recently, the dvd.

nope, because i wasn't a kid.
[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]the scariest crap outta part was when Dana sat down in her chair and those monster arms popped out and held her down...[/SPOILER]

yes and depending on the woman, yes.

sooo many great lines...one of my faves is at the very beginning in the library when Dan/Ray says "Listen! do you smell something?"
oh and Harold/Egon's "Don't cross the streams!"

sure. loved how he "explained" things. like when he's telling Dana when her tv was too loud and how he helped her and, and, and....he was great.

why ever not?

nope. i love her character. when her and Bill/Venkman are having a spat and then she's all pissed off and answers the phone with a real Brooklyn(?) accent..."Ghostbusters, whaddayawant?"

that would be one mighty sch'more.

as much as i love Ghostbusters and as many 100's of times i've seen it, can you believe i've never seen the sequel?!?
and i have no explanation why.

ETA: fixed Q5.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I haven't actually seen Ghostbusters. ::hangs head in shame::
You MUST see Ghostbusters!! It's a classic!!!

The sequel wasn't totally awful but it just doesn't compare the first one.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Bill Murray's best performance is when he creeps up on frat parties off screen and tells people their friends will never believe it.

Quote:
Of course not.

Quote:
I was born in 1984 and this was one of the first movies I saw at the theater. I never was obsessed with it growing up but it's one of my favorites.

Quote:
Zuul still scares the crap out of me.

Quote:
There's something sexy about Gozer but I'm not sure if it's just the hair or the overall package.

Quote:
Well that's certainly my life stance.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
I kinda liked them.

Quote:
He's still a living thing technically so..not vegan?

Quote:
I bothered. I wish I hadn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts