VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a few different vegetarian site I've seen people suggest making jelly shots (with vodka) with gelatine free jelly.

I'm wondering if using gelatine free jelly with alcohol will effect the way it sets etc? I'm assuming gelatine is used in the first place to get a certain consistency.

Just wanted to check if anyone has made this before, and if theres any differences I need to know about when making gelatine free jelly shots?

Thanks!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I've never made jelly shots, but last time I made vegan trifle I used vegetarian jelly crystals and put a LOT of cointreau in and it set fine. I think it would work ok.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Oh excited!

I may try this at my next get together.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I once made vodka jelly, and for some reason thought it would be a great idea to boil the vodka. i have no idea whether that was the reason for failure, but mine were solid too. they had to be scraped out with a spoon and were inedible. was put off for life.

buuut im sure it is possible somehow!

you know what I want to make now? Jelly boats. Used to love them as a kid at parties. Funny how I google and the first thing that comes up is veg*n:
http://dailyfoodadventure.blogspot.c...nge-boats.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts