VeggieBoards banner

Gelatin in Frosted Mini Wheats

11K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Killer_queen 
#1 ·
I was munching on a bowl of frosted mini wheats earlier and Mandy went to look to see how they were made. She read on a webpage that they usually contained gelatin. I went and checked the box and sure enough it was the third ingredient listed.

I had no idea and I was really pissed because I love frosted mini wheats. Just thought I'd share.

See less See more
#3 ·
TNS once posted that the Kroger brand of Frosted Mini Wheats were vegan (gelatin -free). Definitely double check before you buy, but it may be an option!

#6 ·
This was one of the first things I bought after deciding to go veg that I assumed was safe, and then found out it wasn't. I had Trader Joe's brand and couldn't believe there was gelatin in it.

Upon reading more about gelatin, I learned that it is a common ingredient in frosted cereals (as well as the other things we all are aware of - gummy products, marshmallows etc) but it's such a bummer they ruin such good things with animal bone marrow.

My son's gummy vitamins have to go too.. not sure who loved them more... him or me! ha.

#7 ·
That's why you have to read labels, some of the less obvious items contain animal products. Frosted Pop-Tarts (I used to eat the brown sugar and cinnamon) contain gelatin as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.