VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a discussion of gelatin-free gummi candy in another thread, but since I can't find that thread (gummi stuff was off topic anyway ...) here's the information I just got:

Both Seitenbacher and Surf Sweets make vegan gummi candy. Not every variety from Surf Sweets is vegan though, so double check the ingredients.

This info comes from my friend Heidi, who helps run Ethique Nouveau, a shop in Minneapolis which carries vegan and cruelty-free stuff with proceeds benefiting the Animal Rights Coalition. If you're not among the legions of brave winter hardy Minnesotans, both brands are sold on Amazon and other mail order places around the web.

Anybody tried these?

·
Registered
966 Posts
I tried the Seitenbacher Alligator Gummies a few years ago, and while they weren't bad tasting, I'd hardly call them gummies. They're much more like really soft fruit snacks. I remember putting them in the fridge at one point to see if that would help harden them up, and they melted. I'm still not sure what that was about. I've never tried Surf Sweets brand.

Has anyone tried any of the Goody Good Stuff vegan gummies? I think all of them are vegetarian, but only three or so are vegan. I really want to try the cola ones.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Surf Sweets Rock

MUch PEace & MUch LOve

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

sourpatch kids and sweedish fish are veg arent they? i hope so because i have been eating them
They're vegan.

I did find some knock-off Sweedish fish candy at a drug store that had beeswax though. That was sort of annoying. They also had their own version of watermelon flavored sour patch-like candy that had gelatine. That was even more annoying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

Has anyone tried any of the Goody Good Stuff vegan gummies? I think all of them are vegetarian, but only three or so are vegan. I really want to try the cola ones.
I bought some of the cola ones for my brother's 12th birthday a couple of weeks ago, he says they're brilliant. I didn't get to try any as he ate them all veeeery quickly.

·
Registered
961 Posts
im pretty sure dots are veg too. one time i was eating them and they pulled my loose tooth out ew i always think about that when i eat them

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

i wish i could find them. i would like some gummy candy
I have found surf sweet at whole foods and on clearence at Toys R Us....when I was shopping for a gift.

Peace

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixki View Post

I bought some of the cola ones for my brother's 12th birthday a couple of weeks ago, he says they're brilliant. I didn't get to try any as he ate them all veeeery quickly.
They seem like they'd be tasty. You can get them on amazon, but you have to order 12 bags. (always with the bulk candy orders...) I'd really prefer to try them before getting that many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

I have found surf sweet at whole foods and on clearence at Toys R Us....when I was shopping for a gift.

Peace
Now I have another excuse to go to the Toy Store!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

im pretty sure dots are veg too. one time i was eating them and they pulled my loose tooth out ew i always think about that when i eat them
I heart Dots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

They seem like they'd be tasty. You can get them on amazon, but you have to order 12 bags. (always with the bulk candy orders...) I'd really prefer to try them before getting that many.

Now I have another excuse to go to the Toy Store!
Totally.....LOL.....I needed a B-day gift and they were in the 98 cents a bag bin.....I bought the ten bags they had and asked if they were gonna carry them anymore and they werent sure cause they didnt sell that well.

MUch PEace & MUch LOve

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've never tried either of those, but I'll certainly look for them. As of now, Swedish Fish are my favorite! :3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts