VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone else a gear freak? as much as i shop at thrift stores (98 percent of the time) i have a weakness for name brands such as Patagonia, Prana, and REI. and northface, lowe alpine and mt. hardware are in there too..but holy crap i can hardly hold back when it comes to patagucci and prana- awsome quality that lasts forever and the most comfortable clothes. love it. luckily patagonia is a good all around company environmentally wise. dudes donated (freakin expensive!) clothes to the treesitters in Headwaters Forest. heh heh, nice. you can send any damaged thing back to the company and they'll fix it or send you the same thing for free. very nice. i have some capeline that has various holes in it that i have had for 6 years that i need to have fixed up. i spent too much money today. but damn it was worth it. (must..justify...expenses..must...). a pair of awsome prana climbing pants that are the lightest, most comfortable things i've ever worn. this sweet patagonia skirt that, again, is soo damn comfy, a prana tank top (as light as can be) and some REI 'nice' pants that were on a crazy sale. oh, the excitement!

disregard the lack of complete sentences. i'm hyper active tonight.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
As long as you have absolutely no follow up questions, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Actually, I do. I'm not THAT kind of gear freak although I used to be a bike-gear freak and will probably become a bike-gear freak when I return to the city.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
I think she means do get a kick of owning / buying something from a (expensive) brand.

North face / lowe alpina : I don't buy it because it's made in china.

For the same reason I didn't buy organic cotton stuff from patagonia.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 1vegan

I think she means do get a kick of owning / buying something from a (expensive) brand.
Well if THAT'S the case, I'm a bit of a shoe-whore. I love me some fly tennies - mostly basketball kicks. I just bought a pair of the new Jordans, Air Sigs, and a pair of re-issued Jordan VIIIs.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nah, i'm just talking about gear gear, man. not any namebrands, just the selective few

i was going to splurge on some cycling shorts and pants too..but didnt have it any me after 200 dollars went to REI.

my bro in law and a couple good friends of mine, have a pro deal with patagonia and various others so sometimes i can take advantage of that. sweet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts