VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been ovo-lacto vegetarian for 25 years, with a few year-long bouts of very strict veganism along the way. One of the reasons that I have joined veggieboards is to warn vegetarians about unethical bahaviour of a particular vegetarian-food production company. I think most vegetarians will be interested in what I have to say about why I am boycotting Sanitarium
products, after decades of enjoying many of their products.

Can't wait to meet you all,
Cheers,
Andy.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hi and welcome to Veggieboards Spike.

What has stopped you from staying vegan? Personally I have been vegan for nearly 15 years, and couldn't really think of switching back to vegetarianism.

Want to spill the beans about Sanitarium then?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found Veganism too difficult having a octo lacto vege wife and 3 kids, also not a lot of money (and perhaps willpower- cheese mmmmmm). The only eggs I get are from very happy, free range chooks that my friend has in her back yard.

OK---Sanitarium have recently been seen supporting Tony Abbott here in Australia, and given him a stage from which to spout forth his incessant anti-carbon-tax fear and misinformation campaign. Tony Abbott is a ultra-conservative religious, right wing politician who has stated that "Global warming is [email protected]". He lied about the effect that a carbon tax would have on food stuffs (in particular a "Weet Bix") in front of a backdrop of dozens of packets of Weet Bix placed there by Sanitarium. The real effect on the cost of a Weet Bix is about 0.008 Australian cents.

The fact that Sanitarium allowed or even invited this rabid climate change denier to their NSW factory to spread his fear and misinformation campaign, disgusted me as this issue concerns the well being of my children and future generations. I am boycotting their product, and I really hope that anyone who feels similarly does likewise. I know that many people who avoid animal products do so to lessen their "carbon footprint", so I thought that I would get the message out there to vegans and vegetarians that Sanitarium are to be avoided if you care about your children's future.

·
Registered
596 Posts
G'day spike. welcome to vb.

i'm not sure this issue is going to mean a lot to non-australians, but VB has an Australian forum where you can discuss regional issues like this one.

There's a few of us Aussies here, hope you stick around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello and welcome! I'm from Missouri, and I don't think we get any of their products over here (unless it's something you can find at a specialty store or something.) Either way, I'll avoid them if I see anything!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.