VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently started to eat more fruits and veggies. I eat about 8 a day now but the gas is so embarassing.
I know it's natural but my poor husband an coworkers!

Can anyone suggest a natural remedy? Thank you

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I had the same problem. It is really humiliating isn't it?

Still have it on occasion if I eat something that's a problem.

I'm not an expert, but you could try the following:

* Don't eat too much at a single meal (eat smaller meals and more often)

* Limit problem foods (beans, broccoli, cabbage, onions - are some lots of people have trouble with - for me it's wheat gluten that does me in)

* Cut back on carbonated beverages (this just adds to the problem)

* Get exercise regularly

Time is what works the best - your body just need time to get used to the new additions to the diet

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Someone on another thread suggested papaya. There are chewable little papaya tablets. I don't know of any brand names, but use to eat these pills as a child for tummy aches/gass and it worked really well.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
It will ease up once your body adjusts to having so many fruits and veggies. When I became vegan, I was a gassy mess, and even tho I still have my stinky days, lol, it has become much less or a problem!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Remember more fluids. It takes liquid to digest that fibre and push it through your body, so make sure you help it um more as fast as possible

·
Registered
445 Posts
beans beans there good for your heart the more you eat the more you fart. the more you fart the better you feel, the better you feel the more beans in every meal!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I taught my children this version...Beans beans the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot, the more you toot, the better you feel, beans beans for every meal!

I've heard charcoal biscuits/tablets help... (I have only been able to find gelatin caps, so I didn't purchase them.)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
The smaller meals suggestion is really true. I've started cutting back on my meal portions (also consuming less processed TVP-type foods) and also drinking more water, and my gas has diminished greatly. I was having fairly embarrassing levels of gas emissions nearly a year into being vegan, so I understand the problem.

I'm glad I've managed to clear it up so easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts