VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have quite a few locations in Western Washington, so I thought I would share: Garlic Jim's is testing out Daiya vegan cheese in some locations, and will probably add it to all stores in the future.<br><br>
As someone currently stuck out in the suburbs, I'm excited at the possibility of being able to get a pizza with vegan cheese without having to go to Seattle!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
That is awesome! I'm going to ask the one in my city if they are carrying it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used work there a couple years ago, so I could provide a warning list of non-veg*n items to watch out for if you (or anyone else) are interested. :p

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I am definitely interested. I run a vegan meetup group and we have a monthly vegan dining out so I'm always looking for places to go. I still haven't called the one in my city to ask about the cheese yet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're mostly delivery/take-out places, but a few are dine-in (West Seattle is one, I think).<br><br>
I'll just cover the tricky stuff-<br><br>
DOUGH:<br>
-Hand-tossed dough: Contains buttermilk.<br>
-Garlic thin crust: Vegan.<br>
-Gluten-free crust: Vegan.<br><br>
SAUCES:<br>
-Garlic: Contains chicken stock.<br>
-Pesto: Contains parmesan.<br>
-Ranch: Obviously not vegan.<br>
-Red: Vegan.<br>
-Olive oil: Vegan.<br>
-BBQ: Vegan.<br>
-Chipotle: I think this one was vegan, but I'm not positive.<br><br>
The toppings are pretty self-explanatory as far as I recall---I don't remember anything tricky.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I tried this the other day at the Roosevelt Seattle location and it was delicious. I can't stop thinking about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts