VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it..I am housesitting the the lady is a vegetarian...which makes it so much easier on me..and she has those ribs that i have been looking for forever, and then I went to the store to pick up some bread and they have them!!!! I can't believe they actually have them..I tried them..and even though I used the microwave, they arn't that bad really!...YEAH!!! No more trying to make them on my own for me (that didn't turn out well at all)

·
Registered
0 Posts
You know, I was at our regular grocery store here, and I was pilfering through the freezer section, and I saw these! As I picked up the box, I said, "I'm sure these aren't vegan." But, in the few seconds I took to gloss over the ingredients, it looked like they were vegan. That's pretty exciting. Possibly I'll try them next time I'm out grocery shopping. (I was on my lunchbreak yesterday, that's why I didn't get them then.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh Femme, you simply must try them. I've really gotten over the whole fake meat thing with the exception of these. They are so so good! Definitely satisfies my bar-b-que craving!

·
Registered
504 Posts
They are really good. But when they first came out I ate them so often that I got sick of them....I haven't been able to bring myself to eat them for months now. This has taught me that when I find something I like to eat it in moderation.....but easier said than done sometimes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol vegankittykat..i do that with things all the time..i get hooked on them because they are so good, and then after a while I just can't eat them anymore. I have a whole bunch of stuff in my freezer right now that that has happened to

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
They are great in the toaster oven. Just put them on a pad and cook at 400 degrees for 8 min, flip, 8 more min. Yum. Much better than the microwave, when I used to do that they would get burnt at the edges.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vegankittykat

They are really good. But when they first came out I ate them so often that I got sick of them....I haven't been able to bring myself to eat them for months now. This has taught me that when I find something I like to eat it in moderation.....but easier said than done sometimes.
The same thing happened to me!

Be careful everyone, don't make the same mistake we did.

I like the way they smell when they are cooking.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I never thought I'd see the day, but I believe I'm getting sick of riblets! Which is a pity because my non-veg bf loves them, probably even more than I ever have!

They're quite good on a hoagie roll with minced onion and shredded lettuce.. just like the mcrib!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh boy! Other riblet fans! I love them, have them with corn on the cob and a cabbage salad.

I eat them at lunch so I won't make others tired of them for dinner, which I also have them for.

Have you tried other new Gardenburger products? Like the veggie medley patties? Good on whole wheat buns with lettuce, tomatoes and whatever dressing you like. Yumm!

·
Registered
0 Posts
These are my favorite!!! I went to the Gardenburger website just to be sure that they are vegan, and I'm so happy! I also do mine with corn on the cob and a baked potato. Gardenburger has a decent vegan selection, and all of their food is pretty tasty.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I love 'em. But I'll say again: what's the deal with making a vegetarian (vegan no less) product with fake bones in it? If you haven't seen this thing, the mold is in the shape of ribs WITH BONES! Is it supposed to be funny? Would people simply not recognize what they were trying to imitate without the bone shapes?

·
Registered
0 Posts
these are delicious.. i had a free sample at school a few weeks ago cuz they had this big food fair where they were testing out new products and it was getting my vote anyway for being vegan, but then i tasted it and decided i had to get some

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Can anyone on the West Coast of America tell me where they saw the Gardenburger Riblets. My local Safeway does not carry it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.