VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you like the riblets you'll love these. Picked them up at Wally World today and yum!
I wish they had used a different sauce because they taste a lot like the riblets (if I hadn't seen the box I might not have known the difference). But yeah, I know we have a lot of riblet fans around here so keep your eyes pealed.

They're not vegan though. No whey! Whey.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I tried the riblets and thought they were just a little too real. And the chicken grill thing, well, I hated that, too. It tasted too much like chemicals to make it "flame-broiled"-tasting. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Maybe I'll give the bbq style a try.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The riblets are pretty good...but I was kinda disappointed with how many came in the box and at the price I paid

But they are realllll good.

But which do you all prefer Gardenburger products or Boca products?

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was never big on Boca anything. I started out eating a lot of Morningstar Farms but now I'm almost exclusively Gardenburger. I think their packaging is awesome and I like that they put pro-veg quotes on there.
Plus their products are different than the typical burgers, chik'n patties, chik'n nuggest, that everyone else makes.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yay! I tried this delish product and it's really good! I followed the baking instructions and ate it on a toasted sprouted bun with corn soup. Really good and filling! But it has far more fat than the riblets. I wonder why?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If you like the riblets and the chik-n patties (non-BBQ) definitely try them on the grill. Even though it doesn't seem like it would matter, the riblets taste infintely better on a grill. The smokiness and crispy edges are intensifies. The chick-n is even better too.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I had this yesterday on a toasted bun with pickles, and I really enjoyed it - BUT, to me, it tasted all most identical to the riblets, and they're vegan, so I probably will just buy them in the future instead of the chik'n patties.

Btw, I cooked mine in the microwave. Call me impatient_girl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts