VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, there are certain kinds of faux meats that I generally avoid - the poultry imitations. with the exception of boca chicken nuggets, it just never goes well. however, im all moved in to my dorm and they have some vegan stuff in the store under our meal plan. I got the gardein tuscan breasts and the oven roasted tofurkey slices.

The gardein was good, not fantastic, but good. good enough that i bought a second box.

The tofurkey was amazing! my best friend (not veg at all) has been telling me about it for a while, but Im just now trying it. its so good. im getting like 5 more boxes. P:

do you guys like these food items?

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I'm desperate for some Tofurkey slices! Tofurkey slices are currently my top wanted items, besides Daiya, which is tied with the slices. Not because I miss meat exactly, I just like to be able to make a quick, easy sandwich. The reason I really love fake meat is that it's this one bulky thing that's easy to cook and eat quickly and it's filling and typically a good protein source, and they make simple, quick meals a little more interesting.

What gardein did you get? The Santa Fe Good Stuff stuffed chik'n thing looks pretty good, but I've been to their website and seen other items and they look good as well.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've never had gardein, but now I'll have to try some. My brother and I have had Tofurky before and both enjoyed that as well. It's just a shame that so few stores in our area carry these products.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Does anyone know if Henry's/Sprout's carries tofurky slices? If not, are there any other vegan deli slices, and has anyone seen any at Henry's/Sprouts?

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Love Gardein seven grain nuggets. I lightly fry them-not bake as the package says. With hot sauce or bbq they're great!
I like the Boca chik patties too!

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
I don't know GTardein but LOVE Tofurky! I think next time I go grocery shopping I will get some of those smoked slices and use them for lunch!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

Gardein's Beefless Tips are the shiznitt.
Yes they are. I made an amazing beefless stew with them. It was creepy how much it tasted like beef stew. It was only 200 calories a bowl too.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I enjoy the Gardein products also. I like Tofurkey smoked flavor slices for sandwiches too. I feel sorry for you poor folks who do not have these products available to you!!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I really like gardein but I don't care for tofurky. Field Roast is amazing! Unfortunately I don't really eat any of it anymore because of my gluten problems. Any time I eat gluten I get really bloated.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

That's what's up.

Sausages, hot dogs, meatloaf, deli slices (the lentil ones, especially)...all awesome.
I had Field Roast last night, I was literally moaning while chewing

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Gardein 7 grain crispy tenders and Tofurky hickory smoked deli slices are my two favourites of those brands, so good!

And I do not understand why Field Roast isn't more popular and widespread, it's so hard to get in most places. They don't even have it at Whole Foods here, I have to make a special trip to Karmavore Vegan Shop in New West. I hope they expand their business as word spreads of how delicious it is

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Yeah I wish field roast was more wide spread too. All their products look great but it'll probably be years before I can try it unless they spread their products because there's none near me. I dont know if they ship but I imagine the shipping would be way too pricy

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Yeah I wish field roast was more wide spread too. All their products look great but it'll probably be years before I can try it unless they spread their products because there's none near me. I dont know if they ship but I imagine the shipping would be way too pricy
Most likely considering the products are already really expensive plus you'd have to add a cold pack if you get it shipped so they don't go bad in the heat. I've never seen a lot of the stuff mentioned here. The Gardein burgers, crispy tenders, the Field Roast deli slices, and meatloaf are not available in any store near me. I've seen the Celebration Roast only around the holidays and the HFS sometimes has the sausages but they are almost $7.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Where have you seen the celebration roast? I wish those were especially widespread, I'd love to get one for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I couldn't eat very much of it so then I'd also have lots of leftovers from it.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
hey there

gardein was okay not great and I am not a tofurky fan....

peace

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Where have you seen the celebration roast? I wish those were especially widespread, I'd love to get one for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I couldn't eat very much of it so then I'd also have lots of leftovers from it.
There are 2 locations in Riverside that have them. Next time you're at Disneyland, you can pick some up at Whole Foods if your family will stop there on the way home (if you're not there too late). They have them on the far back wall, refrigerator section. It's a bit of a detour, but worth it. They have tons of food for everyone, that store is HUGE with lots of fresh made foods, including vegan truffles, candy apples (not vegan), baked breads, sandwiches, etc. Omnis love it. Are you going to try to get your license at 16?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts