VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have a Ganglion Cyst? or any experience with them in general?

They are usually in the wrist, also called Bible Cysts bc an old remedy is to hit it with a big bible (not a good idea).

I'm working with someone that has one and its really bothering her, wonder if there are any things we can do to help it reduce to take the pressure of her nerves as its causing pain in her hand and fingers.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I had one in my wrist, can't remember which wrist as it was a long time ago. It didn't cause me any pain or problems, fortunately, and it went away by itself.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. Thats pretty much what ive learned that they can go away on their own. Surgery seems like a bit much especially since many go away on their own

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I guess it depends on the amount of discomfort it is causing. I had a tiny one on my pinky finger. It caused some soreness but it wasn't terribly painful. I had read the "smack it with a bible" treatment and found it intriguing, but instead, I decided to massage it and press on it really hard, several times throughout the day and I would notice it getting smaller. Can't say that is what did the trick, but eventually, it did go away. Guess it's possible it would have eventually, on its own, but I like to think I helped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have one! Have had it for maybe over 2 years. Doesn't bother me on a daily basis BUT it's right in the middle of my wrist joint and I can't do push ups, tricep dips, or any type of exercise like that. This is a problem beceause I'm in the military. I am having surgery to remove it for good. There is other ways to manage it though, by draining the fluid in it, but sometimes the pocket just fills up with joint fluid again.

Hopefully after surgery mine won't come back.

Youtube ganglion cyst surgery.. there are some good videos on there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts